SAU Community

Sound system..

Peter_hii

I'd have to agree with akeenan. My system is all pioneer and the clarity is fantastic and thats playing all types of music.

Back to the original question Peter_hii have you thought about installing the system yourself?

i agree with evil .. this was the first car i've ever owned .. in fact before i got this car i knew jack shiet about cars ... but now after almost a year of having this car?? i know how to do so much things now :D .. try installing urself ... takes lots of time but its worth it ..

lol well I dunno bout sony xplod, but I use an AIWA MP3+WMA headunit (for the ones that have seen it, they'll know it as the head unit that flips inside out and side to side transformer's style).

Its actually made by the same R&D team that make sony xplod's in america. Altho AIWA headunits are never sold outside of the US. They were one of the first to come out with MP3 headunit and are still one of the first to support WMA as well.

Anyways, to back up the Sony Xplod stance, AIWA products after about 2 years of exclusive AIWA runs and customer testing, become xplod unit (like the current Xplod MP3 Headunit). So they're not toooooo bad.

Mind you I wouldn't touch an Xplod with a 10 foot pole:

a) they're red

B) they are bad quality components unlike limited run AIWAs

besides, I use nakamichi's, rockford fosgates, focals, and esotoric audio usa for the rest of my sound system. I only use it for headunit for spank factor.

Peter_hii, its not hard to DIY, as logn as you know how to take the door trims and center condole off. Search on the forum and you'll find it, its been posted before.

As for the wiring, the plugs only go in one way and there's wiring diagrams floating around as well. At least you'll know how good a job you've done on it. Get a good wiring kit to go with it at least 4 gauge and bob's ya uncle