SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Got pulled over by a traffic cop this morning from my exam at TAFE to work. Driving down Greenhill Road motorcycle cop going the other way has a long hard stare at me. I see him do a u-turn in my rear view, so I think "here we go!". Pulls me over and comments on how "fast" I was travelling. I inform him I was behind a tow truck and well under 60kph. He doesn't push that further.

Next he asks what year Skyline my car is. I tell him its a Stagea ... a family wagon. He then tells me he's checking my rego, because there was a large group of "these type of cars" racing around the city on the weekend. I kindly inform him that I was the event organiser of that cruise and I know for sure no one was racing around the city. I told him the full route of the cruise and how many turned up.

Asked to look inside my cabin. Asked about the mount on my dash, its for my GPS. No aftermarket gear there, so he can't do me for anything. Even queried if my DVD player was legal (looked too large in his opinion). Looked at my exhaust, asked to hear it. Quiet as, so he moved onto the next thing. Can he look under the bonnet ... stock looking, so leaves me be there too. Does ask if it has a BOV, I say is has a factory bov plumbed back into the system. "Are those mags legal?" he asks me. 18" from 16" is legal I say. He checks for worn tyres. Has a looooong look at the ride height. I cut in telling him the lega height is 360mm and mine are set 370mm, even offer to get my own tape measure from the car. Then he moves onto the rear glass ...

He says its an illegal tint. I tell him its factory privacy glass, not a tint. He umms and ahhs for a long time and calls it in, I'm thinking he's not going to care what answer he gets, and will do me for that (he was looking for something!), but no he tells me to drive safe and gets back on his bike.

:rant:

He was looking for something to pin on me. :D

Score to date: Ruby 5 : Cops 0

HAHAHA nice work. Most experiences I've had with the police have been pretty chill, although I've found coppers on bikes tend to be a bit arrogant.

well i just won a free lunch at my workplace and im in the draw for a trip to Cancun!! woo!!!

http://www.reclaimyourlunch.com.au/

Even if i was 18 and old enough to enter the competition i still wouldn't be able to cos i work for Coca-Cola :D:(

Oh well atleast i get free coke :rant: Yummmm!

HAHAHA nice work. Most experiences I've had with the police have been pretty chill, although I've found coppers on bikes tend to be a bit arrogant.

I've only ever had problems with motorcycle cops. I thought this one was going to find something, then he just let me go ... weird.

I seriously think he expected a young teen to get out of the car ... not a mid 30s bloke :rant: ... but stuck by his guns for a while.

He def knew his cars for the most part and was only asking questions he already knew the answers to, to see if I'd try to bullshit him.

been working for coke for just over a year now - got the job off of my mum :(

They give me a list of samples they need from supermarkets, delis n petty stations, then i have to pick a suburb around adelaide and go there and buy the samples they want from random shops. Thennnnn bring em home, label them, box them up and they get sent to Shanghai, for quality control i'm assuming. And yeah....get paid petty money (not that it works out properly with the petty price these days), get paid back for buying everything and then money for doing it. So profit wise....i get about $200 a month. Cos i only do it once a month :P

But yeah...with the free coke thing....they used to want us to buy a single coke can from a supermarket...so instead you'd buy the 24 can packs, give them the can, and then they would pay you back to keep the other 23 cans :rant: I think they figured that out cos they don't get us buying them anymore :D lol

Pretty detailed job, but the extra money helps. Got my own ABN for it too...so that means if i ever set up my own photography thing then i got an ABN all ready for it haha.

so which member on here is named Matt and works in a pizza shop? Owns a 33 with an SAU sticker.

Oh and i might be getting a new 'fun' car :cheers: Going to check it out friday though.

KE35 Rolla, matt black, apparently has a supra 5 speed box, little rims, umm 16 valve engine i think? $300 cant complain. It is defected, but that doesnt bother me, cos its gonna be my little project..

would look pretty defectable personally 18's are enough and once you go to a 19" tyres whoa mumma prepare to pay for rubber

I have 19's on my 33 and they really dont look that big at all. on a 32, they would look huge... also the difference in price of rubber between 18's and 19's is bugger all.... Im considering selling mine at the moment too if your interested :cheers: