SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Hello everyone, long time lurker fairly new poster.

Just wanting some advice if possible. I am currently looking at purchasing a skyline and am wanting somthing mechanically sound. I have recently found a car and was wondeing if there is anywhere that does pre purchase inspections? I know of RAA etc, but have been told there knowledge of imports isnt great. I am a female without a huge amount of mechanical knowledge and I dont want to be taken for a ride.

Thankyou for your input in advance

welcome sarah,

depending what side of town you live on there are a few places you can take your car to and have them give it the once over.

boostworx out south, morpowa out north, graham west workshop closer to town, etc. check the workshop thread on the main page.

theyll be more than happy to give your car a look and tell you whats what.

good luck, dave.

Hi Sarah as Dave said those are the 3 big main workshops if you have queries about another workshop dont hesitate to post up the name

I am a female without a huge amount of mechanical knowledge and I dont want to be taken for a ride.

more importantly are you single? scandy will be able to have a look for you if thats the case :D

seriously though what he said about the workshops

Just wanting some advice if possible. I am currently looking at purchasing a skyline and am wanting somthing mechanically sound. I have recently found a car and was wondeing if there is anywhere that does pre purchase inspections? I know of RAA etc, but have been told there knowledge of imports isnt great. I am a female without a huge amount of mechanical knowledge and I dont want to be taken for a ride.

Welcome Sarah. Ignore the walking-talking erections here :D

As mentioned, check the workshops thread for one close to you and arrange for them to inspect the car. Good luck with it. Hope you buy a pearler and see you around SAU more :D

morning all

one word

stimulated

thanks kruddy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Me too...matty

does this mean I'm sponsored by the gov for new car toys ??...lol better get some new stickers for my first sponsor. krudd racing team.lol NOT!!!

funny how its already spent on things before it even arrives

Sarah welcome, recommend a compression test if the car is $$$ and your serious about buying it

and the normal items , belts, water pump 100k service if its older. does the wear on gear shift and steering wheel match the k's??

has it been defected recently, look for shonky low budget fixes to dump the car after defect cleared.

accident damage inspection, look in the boot under carpet for rust, patch work etc, same for the front guard area, body seams line up ???

Rob prime in the south does inspections and decent basic work , but not a skyline spec.

if its a dealer ,, offer them 4-5k less ,,,lots of mark up in cars..lol

Me too...matty

does this mean I'm sponsored by the gov for new car toys ??...lol better get some new stickers for my first sponsor. krudd racing team.lol NOT!!!

funny how its already spent on things before it even arrives

Sarah welcome, recommend a compression test if the car is $$ and your serious about buying it

and the normal items , belts, water pump 100k service if its older. does the wear on gear shift and steering wheel match the k's??

has it been defected recently, look for shonky low budget fixes to dump the car after defect cleared.

accident damage inspection, look in the boot under carpet for rust, patch work etc, same for the front guard area, body seams line up ???

Rob prime in the south does inspections and decent basic work , but not a skyline spec.

if its a dealer ,, offer them 4-5k less ,,,lots of mark up in cars..lol

NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!

Don't EVER mention that word on here again!!

F*cking bullshit place. My entire family has had dodgy dealings with that place, including me.

Don't EVER take ANY car there!! No matter how shit it is!!!!!!

2nd hand wheel bearings, snapping drive shafts, missing nuts... the list goes on.

Never again.

Welcome Sarah. Ignore dan

Inconsiderate people like me have feelings to you know :D

......:D nah i got rid of those worthless things years ago

Edited by Inline 6

hey cosmetics are for girls damo :D softie getting yours painted, scared it might look like the dato in another couple of years

and we have completed the dans a phyco path best avoided impression on the newbie :D

thanks guys.

lots of love xoxoxoxox

Edited by Inline 6

Hey guys,

sorry i was rude before not to introduce my self, My name is Brandon...

and here is photos of the r32 fronted 180 i just brought...

(old photos from the guy i brought it from, it now has a vertex type front bar, currently being painted today :D yay! )

l_91014780c0ca4f88bd0e6539c7bcbc4e.jpg

l_070d9dc183f048ea91b61ac4f0dc03e4.jpg

:D Pretty decent, runs really well! fixed up some of the mounting issues with the indicators.

I brought the front bar from viva, which fits really well! :D

EDIT: can someone please fill me in, why are the back of the headlights black, while some/most I see are silver?

Edited by AXTX