SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

^Very true.

When my coilovers are in I'll have to be careful parking otherwise I'll end up leaving my front bar on the footpath aha.

DSC00227.jpg

ruby, malpassi's are know for making the squeeling noise on startup. sometimes from new. havnt had any fail on me, but i wouldnt doubt they do. personally i like aeromotive. has yours got a black or silver top? black is 1.7:1, silver is 1:1

But is the pressure meant to hit over 60psi on startup (for about 10-15 seconds) before it drops to about 25psi. I've had a fiddle adjusting it (taking note of how any +ve turns) and it makes no diff. Pressure won't go up over about 25psi. I'm just going to put the stock one back in ... but now I can't find it :)

Mine is the silver top 1:1 fpr.

DEFECTED on my way to work this morning... They saw me pull up out front of my work and drop my missus off then as i left to go find a car park they followed me and as i found a car park they pulled me over.....

I get out and im greeted by 2 young fellows and this is what they said:

"we need to search your car for illegal modifications" i replied why did i do something wrong? "Your exhaust is to loud so we believe you have other modifications" (now my exhaust is loud so i have no problem being defected for that) I let them look the car over, at this point the other officer as he walks past says to me "All day we are looking for cars like yours to defect" I said nothing back as i knew i would have had a go at him about driving around all day chasing defects rather than crimminals.. (but hey we are hoons so i guess we are criminals)

They then proceeded to look over my engine for well over ten minutes trying to find as officer 2 told me "im looking for your waste gates mate" i had to politely inform him that its running statard turbos with internal waste gates and had to then explain how they work cause he had no idea at that point what he was looking for.

Then as officer 1 was writing up my lovely yellow sticker officer 2 then started to look through my car

"so i see you have a turbo timer" i looked at him puzzled and informed him no i dont. " dont lie to me i can see it right there" at this point he was pointing down to my Apexi fc hand controller which i had come loose and was in view. I laughed and informed him it was for monitoring my engine. "dont lie to me mate i have one of these in my s14" now i wish i had said so your admitting you have a defectable car but i didn't wanna be a smart ass. Instead i informed him if he really had one of these you would know that its for monitoring engine knocks and rev management and as i was explaining this i could see him trying to understand what i was saying but i knew he didin't..

Anyway long story short after 30 minutes of wasting my time and trying to defect me for things that were standard and telling me all my mates who drive these types of cars are all gonna get defected cause we are nothing but hoons. They finally handed over my defect notice and got me for:

Exhaust: Fair enough i know it is loud

Steering wheel: they belive it's to small. But its the same size as standard. I told him this and i also informed him that the car came into the country adn was complied with this steering wheel. He said too bad its up to regency.

A pillar gauge: fair enough

And last my tyres: They are a lil worn on the front cause i was running standard coils for a month and that screwed with the camber and wore them out a little.

So nothing really bad but he decided i need to have a full pit inspection at regency. TIT

I think its strange how they didn't pick on my coilovers or for my car being low or for my boost controller which they saw but they defected me for my damn steering wheel.

Im not angry for my defects (the ones which are actually defects) im just angry at their attitudes towards car enthusiasts, and the fact they think we are worse than criminals and they are doing nothing but drive around trying to find people to defect.

Damn you sapol damn you all to hell.............. :)

Really unlucky mate,

I will have some Tien struts (non coilovers) which seem to be a legal ride height if you need to borrow them for a little while?

I also have a complaince cat that you can borrow to help remove the sticker mate,

PM me :)

Really unlucky mate,

I will have some Tien struts (non coilovers) which seem to be a legal ride height if you need to borrow them for a little while?

I also have a complaince cat that you can borrow to help remove the sticker mate,

PM me :)

Thanks champ i already have stock suspension so i will be fine with that but i will take you up on your offer for teh complience place PM sent

I laugh hearing the word "illegal modifications". Oh noes the cars going become a weapon of mass destruction because the exhaust is slightly too loud! We're boned.

I laugh hearing the word "illegal modifications". Oh noes the cars going become a weapon of mass destruction because the exhaust is slightly too loud! We're boned.

My brother said the same thing when i told him... they make us sound like we are terrorists

yeh i live no more than 5km.s from work and i travel most my way through backstreets to avoid the anal west suburb cops and this morning i saw 4cops 2 pulling commos over.. i was like wtf.. this was at 8:45am!!!!

i really need to get this car sold so i dont have to hide when i drive!

derka derka allah jihad.

and in breaking news, a terrorist cell has been discovered using popular automotive forum skylines australia to communicate.

Edited by scandyflick

ever seen team america?

Nah i got it, i just forgot to write a responce.... My bad.

awesome movie to.. they could re make it and they could use models of our cars blasting through cities "terrorising the old and young"