SAU Community

What to do what to do?!?!?!

Guest Mr IAI1124

With the right tuning 300kw atw is easily obtainable with std internals. Gone are the days of any engine that is running a moderate amount of boost needing forged pistons. Don't get me wrong, forged pistons are great, but a lot of the time not necessary for the application. Money better spent in other areas.

One of our technicans is running a 4AG 1.6L engine in his MR2 which has std internals (2nd hand at that) and is pumping out over 240kw atw + 11.7 sec 1/4s.

look there is no answer to the question how long will my internals last at 300rkwk.. or how hard can they go before they go boom..

its all dependant on luck (how strong the engine is).. 2 identical engines run side by side with 300rwkw.. 1 will go boom after 5,000km.. the other after 50,000km... thats just how things seem to work with cars.. im sorry but there is no magical number that once u hit it everything goes boom..

your definately right. every engine condition is different. 300rwkw is a pretty extreme output for a std bottom end but in a skylines case, can be done (given that the engine is in sound condition). incorrect tuning ie: running air fuel mixtures too lean to achieve higher power levels can have a lot to do with engines going bang.

all i was trying to say is that there is a lot of high output and reliable engines around out there that retain a std bottom end.

Guest Mr IAI1124

I am looking more towards pulling the engine out and just stripping it back mostly myself and then just send it over to my mecho (not one that busted it!) and have it rebuilt with forged pistons, bigger turbo new ecu etc spend say maybe max 10 grand but hopefully it will end up putting out more power and have more reliability. Anyone tried a bolt on TD06???