SAU Community

Intake Manifold Upgrade

guricha

post-34904-1192984452_thumb.jpg

Hi

does somone tryed to upgrade inlet manifold (On R33 RB25DET)? if yes please advice what modifications need for instalation and do i need ECU modification or changing injectors?

thanks in advance

Edited by guricha

The factory intake manifold on a R33 can handel up too 300RWkws or more.

however if u must want a front facing plumin, Use a Greddy one... direct bolt on.

is there any manual for instalation? and does Ecu need modification?

i think there is a guide in Tutorials / DIY / FAQ ,do a search in that section .

and i think u will need ecu tuning to see gains from the inlet manifold

I don't know if it was the plenum or anything. I've made the front facing plenum mod on my rb20det. And now stock turbo gets full boost at 2500rpm, where factory is 3000rpm. So who knows :D I like the response though. Recommend to everyone !

I don't know if it was the plenum or anything. I've made the front facing plenum mod on my rb20det. And now stock turbo gets full boost at 2500rpm, where factory is 3000rpm. So who knows :D I like the response though. Recommend to everyone !

i think u got better response as u have less piping with the front facing manifold

that is why i want to do it

sure after this manifold there will be less space from turbo to engine and responce of turbo should go higjt, but there is one problem i have no chance to install it here in workshop, so only i have left to do do it myself:) because i need some instalation manual or maybe somone have install it already and can help me with that

THAAAAAAANNNNNKKKS! am goin to install it after few days i bought it allready but when i see manifold i think that it was mistake to pay money for it:) thanks again hope i can install it and car will works properly:)

is there any manual for instalation? and does Ecu need modification?

Your changing the car setup - so of course its going to need a tune if you want the change to be workable.

On a stock ECU/turbo - IMO its absolutely pointless changing it and money is better spent elsewhere