SAU Community

Pit Service Warning On Sat Nav Screen

For those with the Sat Nav screen - has anyone experienced getting a "Pit" warning sign flashed across their screen? It goes away eventually but comes back every time you first pop up the screen. It has some Japanese characters on it, a big image of an open wrench with the word PIT in the middle of the screen. I'll try to post a pic when I get a chance.

I think it's just a warning to get the usual service maintenance - the car hit 20,000 km last week (the message started just before it hit 20k) but I want to make sure it's just that. If so, will the message automatically disappear after an oil change or will a series of buttons/commands need to be entered first? I remember that the Altima I drove would have a light to tell you when it's time for service. The shop will then 'reset' this after the service so that you don't get the light back on until it's due for another service.

Appreciate any feedback on this. Can anybody confirm what the service interval is for the V series? G35 has it at every 3,750 miles or roughly 6,000 km for Type 1 service (city driving).

Cheers.