SAU Community

My New Stag Will Be Her In 2 Weeks

jippa

just got a call from bruce at motovation imports in brisvagas letin me know my stag will be home soon :w00t: . he also said theres another stag cumin to perth. who is this mystery person. also anyone else used these guys. one last thing is they have offered me an alarm installed for 350$, its a mongose quote from dealer :mongose 2 pt immobilizer & key less entry with all entry points [ incl engine bay] protected & alarmed our cost is $349. this includes a battery back up for alarm so if wires are cut it still goes.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats awesome news for you!!! im looking forward to getting a similar phone call in a few weeks haha

What sort of stagea did you settle on? I think there are a few stageras in perth now

Main points -

ask them if it is black wiring.

check with them to see if it meets australian standards for alarm/immob's. (you can get lower insurance premiums)

also ask if it has the ability to add things on later. a lot of aftermarket alarms allow you to add (for very little cost - $15 to $50) things like glass breakage sensors, shock sensors, tilt sensors, as well as automated window shut (if you arm it with your windows down it will automatically wind them all up - very cool).

as well as automated window shut (if you arm it with your windows down it will automatically wind them all up - very cool).

--------------------that would be cool. looked on ebay and mongose seems to be a reputable brand, just gota check which model it will be, here are sum pics of the new stag

post-32337-1194004515_thumb.jpg

post-32337-1194004544_thumb.jpg

Mongoose are a decent brand. Cyclops also do very well (heaps of add-ons as well as heaps of places stock them).

Another thing - make sure you get an alarm immob that will recognise that you have a turbo timer and have a delayed immobilisation,so that if u fit a timer later you dont come into dramas.

Go to www.dynamco.com.au and have a look around. you can build your own alarm with features you want.

Hooking up the window winders is pretty easy - just a couple of relays and some clever thinking.

Is it an autech version?

$17k plus freight and rego? how about compliancing etc?

Do you remember how much it was in Yen to purchase the car initially....? Dont need to answer that, im just trying to organise my own car atm and still getting a feel for what i should be getting for my money etc

Is it an autech version?

no, i wish, it was only has the front bar

$17k plus freight and rego? how about compliancing etc?

that includes compliance and after market warranty, 5 yrs. spotted the car a few months back and inquired about it and found out it was still i jp, put down my deposit a week later and have been playing the waiting game, think im gettin a good deal as it has twin sun roofs, leather and electric seats, some sort of coilovers, maybe ohlins, 3 inch cat back zorst , rims and the body kit

Do you remember how much it was in Yen to purchase the car initially....? Dont need to answer that, im just trying to organise my own car atm and still getting a feel for what i should be getting for my money etc

not sure what it cost in yen as i saw it advertised on their website in aussie dollars. when chossing ya car from jp try to keep the mods to exhaust, rims and suspension. any bigger mods will make ya compliance price increase, woul think you would be looking at 14 to 15 thousand for importing yourself. dont know if you have thought of going for 1 already in aus? shure it costs a few more grand but if u can get an afftermarket warranty it could be well worth it, saved me about 4 grand on my first stag as the gearbox went= 2 grand, coilpacks went= $900, a relay behind the dash stuffed up+ another few hundred. the relay and coilpack seem to be common problems so be wary .

I purchase my S2 from Motovation..great to deal with.

how long ago did u buy your stag, did u get warranty with yours? did u get to keep your xenons :thanks: i did but there in abox not in the car

Nice S2. Looks great! Plenty of good deals around on S2's if you are patient... Mine took 8 weeks to find (S2 RSV RWD with similar fruit and only 59kms) but is still not home yet. Been in Brissie being complied. Was finished 2 weeks ago but waiting for compl. plate appr. etc. (taps foot...) Have been through this twice before but still hate waiting! Is your car 4WD or RWD?

Jerome looks nice ;) cant wait to see it on a cruise...might have to organise a chrissie or new year stagea meet so we can have a looksie :)

was hoping to make this cruise and all was looking good but a few delays and well, just gona have to be the next one

also found out that the car had auto start but it was removed for compliance :( . tryin to get it back though, dont like my chances