SAU Community

Little Help Clock Light,windscreen Wipers And Stereo Won't Turn On

dmnt

hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue before. Currently the Dash clock functions correctly, except the backlight no longer comes on when i turn my head lights on, all other dash lights and the lights on my stereo turn on. The stereo it self no longer turns on, seems to be no power to it (stock stereo) When i try to use my windscreen wipers they just don't budge hehe, could make driving in the rain interesting :rofl: lucky it's summer i guess... Little more info, i have an R32 gtst, i have checked the fuses, drivers side dash and under bonnet (not aware of any other fuses) I have recently tapped a profec B into the system but this is off the turbo timer loom, i also noticed this problem started before i hooked the profec b up.

Not too sure if this is the appropriate section to be posting in but if anyone can help me out that'd be great.

Cheers

George

still sounds like a fuse. pull and inspect every fuse.

Yep did that, pulled every fuse i know of and they all looked fine visually. This problem used to occur intermittently and then it worked perfectly for about 9 months, i didn't change anything as far as i can remember. Is it worthwhile changing some of the fuses related to the stereo etc?

well i'm baffled, didn't change anything over the weekend (except went drifting at an event) on the way home, thought i really should clean my window, tried squirting the windscreen wipers and low and behold they worked :D got home turned car off cleaned up a bit. Then moved the car to give it a quick wash over and the wipers were broken again ;) does this just sound like a loose cable/bad join to anyone else?