SAU Community

Turbo Timer For Na

SKYL1N

the go to whoa is where u start on a line, and have to go as fast as you can to another line, about 100 or so metres long, and your front tires have to stop on the other line.........if that makes sense

the dash for cash is like a mini obstacle course where u basically have to go as fast as you can, without mucking up, as there is a certain way you have to go around the course,and the lowest time wins

sounds like drag racing and motorkhana to me

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I brought my R33 GTS-T it came with an un-installed turbo timer... its been 6 months and I still haven't installed it.

I live in Tasmania were there is so many fkn bogan kunts getting around steeling cars I don't want it to make it any easier.

The one I have isn't the type of one were when you pull the hand break down it turns off and it wouldn't surprise me if a bogan smashed out my window while I was walking away from the car then extend the time on my turbo timer and drive off.

I was driving home at about 2am yesterday and saw a bunch of bogans walking down the road with sticks, then I saw a skyline with every window smashed out of it and the hole body was kicked to death. bonnet and boot broken off. The roof was all pushed in to hell, must have been jumping on it. I mean seriously can't the bogans just copy the emos and go kill them selves.

any way thats my 2cents, I am not retarded enough to need something to keep my car running for me, just drive it easy for the last km before you get home and you don't have to worry about it.

in the end it is a personal choice on whether you want to have an auto timer in your car or not, i mainly got it cause it did save me alot of money due to me wanting gauges which were gonna cost me 600.

once again, i believe its a personal choice

you're right it's personal choice - but the reasons mentioned by a few people before about cooling down to 'treat the engine better' were false.

this place is all about teaching/learning; now people can learn all the pros and cons about having a turbo timer on their na vehicle. :glare:

What about for motorkhana's? I was thinking about getting one to be used for motorkhana's only. During daily driving I would just turn it off, as said before, its just wank factor. During these sort of events, however, you turn your car on, thrash it around the track, and then go park. No such thing as a cool down lap. As soon as you come off, the next guy goes. Don't like the idea of just turning it off then. Every time I go for a lap, I'll park and let my car idle for a minute just to calm it down before shutting it off. A turbo timer could do this for me. :D

Would that make sense? or is idling after that still pointless?

its teh multifunctional :)

and it glows blue :D

plus its got other goodies - and quite good for the price...only 120 or so

haha

everything else i have seen - ie multifunction displays that display 0-400, 0-100kays etc - were more expensive then one of these greddy turbo timers.....

you're right it's personal choice - but the reasons mentioned by a few people before about cooling down to 'treat the engine better' were false.

this place is all about teaching/learning; now people can learn all the pros and cons about having a turbo timer on their na vehicle. :)

CASE CLOSED! :) - personal choice

pro's = visual readings (for those who need them)

= good to cool down turbo's (what they are designed for)

= look cool :laughing-smiley-014:

= reasonably cheap

Con's = excessive ideling

= can cause more damage on N/A car

= can be easiler to steal :) (especially one without the saftey unit [handbrake])

= can cause problems with other electronics in the car

Myth busted that cooling down to 'treat the engine better' IS NOT 100% true.

- soory havn't added all here -

Edited by H@ME