SAU Community

Desperately Needing Dr30 Rear Coupe Window (driver Side).

Ravenoak

Yeah I do actually, but I might have sourced one in Melbourne for him.

Steve, call me on 0406 142 529

Dennis

Thanks for your help Dennis. I am going to get the one from Yahoo (the second one you told me about).

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guys. The mighty DR30 is now back in my safe hands and is good as new.

You can get the parts through Nissan Australia (I got both a fan switch for $170 and the rear window for $500) but obviously it takes a couple of weeks to ship from Japan. I am very impressed at how well Nissan supports parts for imports. My mechanic took care of all the running around.

My matching front seat arrived from Slidewize and I got that put in, got the aircon regassed (also replaced the seals as it was set up for the old R12 gas) and put in a new iPod Alpine deck. Looking forward to getting out in summer and doing some cruising with the kids (they love the car).

You can get the parts through Nissan Australia (I got both a fan switch for $170 and the rear window for $500)

My god, I got the lot for less than half this, both windows, actuators, motors and all for under AU$250 landed. Sorry Steve, but I would never have expected you to replace it with NEW and I couldn't find anything even close to the condition of the ones I got, so I wasn't prepared to let it go.

As for the switch, what fan switch are we talking about that cost you $170.00?

And where did your mechanic go to get Nissan Australia to help, because I went to Macarthur Nissan on a couple of parts today and got zero response.

Cheers, D

"and put in a new iPod Alpine deck. "

Ever think this might be why it got broken into in the first place?????

It's my belief, the flashier the stereo in a car the more some other prick will want it and when they do, they don't give a damn about what they damage to get it.

My PNV has a post mount Beltek radio/cassette in the dash, connected to a Kenwood Equaliser, to Front, Rear & Sub amps driving the speakers and subs with a Kenwood 10 stacker in the boot hooked up through FM modulation, but in the dash and visible to Mr Arsehole looking in, it's OLD SCHOOL and they're not interested.

D

"and put in a new iPod Alpine deck. "

Ever think this might be why it got broken into in the first place?????

It's my belief, the flashier the stereo in a car the more some other prick will want it and when they do, they don't give a damn about what they damage to get it.

My PNV has a post mount Beltek radio/cassette in the dash, connected to a Kenwood Equaliser, to Front, Rear & Sub amps driving the speakers and subs with a Kenwood 10 stacker in the boot hooked up through FM modulation, but in the dash and visible to Mr Arsehole looking in, it's OLD SCHOOL and they're not interested.

D

It is very plain looking and I now remove the faceplate. I see your point but the car is now secure.