SAU Community

R34 Gtt With A Problem

EJD001

Hey guys...

Hoping u can shead some light on this for me..

While getting up to speed to get on the freeway this morning, was in 2nd or 3rd gear , on boost and sitting at 5,000rpm.. the car all of a sudden starts spluttering and felt like a miss fire like a limiter had kicked in...

Havent changed anything anything on the car yet and is completly stock..

Im guessing its going to be spark plugs but i thought id post it up anyway!!

thanks in advance for ya help

mick

Hey guys...

Hoping u can shead some light on this for me..

While getting up to speed to get on the freeway this morning, was in 2nd or 3rd gear , on boost and sitting at 5,000rpm.. the car all of a sudden starts spluttering and felt like a miss fire like a limiter had kicked in...

Havent changed anything anything on the car yet and is completly stock..

Im guessing its going to be spark plugs but i thought id post it up anyway!!

thanks in advance for ya help

mick

Just a thought, wasn't the TCS control kicking in when u put ur foot down was it?

not that i remember...have had cases when i have come through corners and the skid light has come on...

going to jack the car up this weekend and spin one wheel and see if i have a LSD or mechanical LSD in it... still know f**k all bout the car atm!

not that i remember...have had cases when i have come through corners and the skid light has come on...

going to jack the car up this weekend and spin one wheel and see if i have a LSD or mechanical LSD in it... still know f**k all bout the car atm!

When that skid light comes on, the TCS has kicked in. Just in case u didnt know there is a TCS button on the left of steering just above ur knee. Hit that button, a light on the dash will pop up saying TCS OFF. Then put ur foot down n have fun, Oh be careful in the wet, boost on = sideways...

haha... found that button the first day i had the car... thought it would be a flick switch...didnt notice till a few minutes later that there was a light on the dash for it.. haha

so if i turn the tcs button off and try it agian it shouldnt hesertate at 5,000rpm??

haha... found that button the first day i had the car... thought it would be a flick switch...didnt notice till a few minutes later that there was a light on the dash for it.. haha

so if i turn the tcs button off and try it agian it shouldnt hesertate at 5,000rpm??

Try it, put ur foot down n find out, then hit the button again to turn it off(TCS ON) n try again. If thats not the issue, refer to all other threads.

If it hesitates its not tcs because tcs engages when you lose traction, I dont know many people pulling 5g around a corner tight enough to turn it on. unless its raining. i.e 5g is a lil high for rounding a corner.

I think your sparks are on the way out mate, get someone to look at them.. skylines have a problem at 5g with flatspots so could be that..

Do you have a front mount? pull out ur plugs and see if they are fouled..

If you cant be bother get on the highway and launch it to try burn off anything on the plugs.. you will prob have to change them soon. when you do regap them to 0.8 - 1.0 somewhere about there.. unless you up the boost then keep it at 0.8