SAU Community

Cai/air Box!

WOG BOY

need a quick bit of help and advice people please

the cable that comes off the air box runs back into the motor...(im assuming to the ecu or something not bothering to get technical)

i want to put a pod on the car and take out the air box etc.....is it possible to have this cable still connected and have a pod cos by the look of it, it is on the section i have to take off....

or does it even matter if it is left unplugged?

Cheers for all ur help!

Matt

Leave the cable where it is (attached to the AFM - Air Flow Meter) and just bolt the pod on to it. The A'Pexi Power Pod is a direct bolt-on to R33 AFM's (nice sucking note too). If you want something else, i.e. HKS mushroom, then you will also need to buy an adapter.

If you want to get more technical, you can displace the AFM to in-between the intercooler piping. Though some may say this isn't the best idea.

Allo allo,...............this thread might be the start of another "pod suction noise" link.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/No...er-t193696.html

Have a read f this mate there are a few good points regarding pod filters and the installation of them amongst the 4 pages of replys.

BUT if you want to save time reading.................go dry filter and remember the engine likes cool air far more than the hot stuff venting from the engine bay so try a cover or mod box to give the pod and engine some cooler air. Apexi, Hurricaine and 3A racing are all good filters (dry versions) when you are deciding.

If your keen on mounting the pod outside the engine bay the following link may also be a handy one to look at.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/No...er-t193696.html

The six post down gives you a good look at what can be done.

All the best wth your pod whatever you decide!

EMZ

Edited by EMZ R33