SAU Community

Buying Interstate

Bucks

Im looking to buy a S2 33 in about 3 weeks and there are not many around in SA but quite a few in Sydney etc. I was just wondering whether someone can tell me whats involved in bringing one over in regards to taking it through Regency and what they look for and whether its worth the hassle. Also any help on some good places to get one locally would be appreciated there are not many in the trader or carslaes. thanks.

Its not hard to bring a stock example over, just a bit of cash, transfer or regos yada yada yada....

Modified, well some people have had good and bad results.... i got my 34 from Melbourne, didnt go through Regency, just the local cop shop for an engine check and bobs your uncle.....

As for local.... how much do you want to spend on one? do you want stock or basic mods (exhaust FMIC etc)

Good luck!

Its not hard to bring a stock example over, just a bit of cash, transfer or regos yada yada yada....

Modified, well some people have had good and bad results.... i got my 34 from Melbourne, didnt go through Regency, just the local cop shop for an engine check and bobs your uncle.....

As for local.... how much do you want to spend on one? do you want stock or basic mods (exhaust FMIC etc)

Good luck!

which cop shop did you goto?

does it need to be a specific one?

might go ask some questions cos im looking at buying from interstate if i cant find what i want here, and that would make it a whole lot easier.

I just called the Dept of Rego, told em i purchased a car from interstate, they directed me to download a form, go to the cop shop.... Elizabeth in this case, and get em to stamp the form after they have sighted and written the engine and vin number and take the form and your details and for me $1500 in cash to the rego office and BAM rego transferred to SA!

This was about 2 yrs ago tho!