SAU Community

Want To Get Spare Key Remote!

2KR34

Hi Guys,

We've jut bought a 2000 R34 but only got one key remote and a spare standard key but would like to get an additional key remote for a spare.

Anyone know of where we can get one.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Nissan Australia might not be very helpful but try your luck, if not then Japan is your other choice but expect a 3 month wait and a price that is equivalent to a brand new alarm system which comes with 2 remotes. Dont forget you still need to get the new factory remote programmed........nightmare!

take the car VIN to nissan . prepare to pay through the nose for it. its similar to the nissan patrol but with out the transponder.

an alarm may be a cheaper option - where are you btw?

Thanks for the response guys,

As you both replied to both my posts I'll respond to both issues in this one.

I'm on the Gold Coast.

The key remote appears to be irrelevant as I will fit an immobilizer which will likely come with new remotes anyway.

I will have a word with the dealer that we bought the car from as if it's a compliance issue I may suggest that they contribute to the cost of an immobilizer before I inquire at Qld Transport about the RAW that did the compliance!

I know that an alarm is a major deterrent but I absolutely hate them as any that I have had in the past have always gone off regularly in high winds or for other false alarms and my heart just can't take that sort of stress so really am only interested in a good immobilizer.

Any suggestions?

Mark.

Edited by son's slave

I know that an alarm is a major deterrent but I absolutely hate them as any that I have had in the past have always gone off regularly in high winds or for other false alarms and my heart just can't take that sort of stress so really am only interested in a good immobilizer.

Any suggestions?

Mark.

You could try turning the shock sensor sensitivity all the way down...by the time the thief figures out they can't start your car because u have an immobiliser, they would have already smashed ur window, took ur stereo and fked up ur ignition...the alarm would have scared them away after they smashed ur window...

what sort of money do you want to spend and what exactly do you want it to do?

Thanks Guys,

Chris,

I know that this is something that is only limited by your bank balance but as with all things budget is a concern.

I would want a basic but quality system and installation and not knowing too much about current systems I would think that features such as the Mongoose M60 as seen on your site should give good basic security. I would want a system that can be set to silent arming, that is, would flash only, as the car is often parked in the early hours of the morning and chirping would no doubt leave us unpopular with the neighbors. I would also want a variable sensitivity control as to avoid triggers every time someone walks past the car in a parking lot etc. I'm presuming that modern systems would have these features but assumption is often a big mistake.

I'm open to suggestion so any help is appreciated.

Mark.

Thanks Guys,

Chris,

I know that this is something that is only limited by your bank balance but as with all things budget is a concern.

I would want a basic but quality system and installation and not knowing too much about current systems I would think that features such as the Mongoose M60 as seen on your site should give good basic security. I would want a system that can be set to silent arming, that is, would flash only, as the car is often parked in the early hours of the morning and chirping would no doubt leave us unpopular with the neighbors. I would also want a variable sensitivity control as to avoid triggers every time someone walks past the car in a parking lot etc. I'm presuming that modern systems would have these features but assumption is often a big mistake.

I'm open to suggestion so any help is appreciated.

Mark.

ok I can do them two ways . with an alarm siren and with a GSM pager. the latter will tell you what part of the car was hit/opened whilst the immobilsier keeps it in one place. there's a few variants of the GSM pager one of which can geofence.

by silent arming - do you mean silent on/off or totally silent?

they all had adjustable sensitivity. its a case of putting the sensor in a accessible spot.

again what do you want to spend on it? the above scenario is well into $1300.

ok I can do them two ways . with an alarm siren and with a GSM pager. the latter will tell you what part of the car was hit/opened whilst the immobilsier keeps it in one place. there's a few variants of the GSM pager one of which can geofence.

by silent arming - do you mean silent on/off or totally silent?

they all had adjustable sensitivity. its a case of putting the sensor in a accessible spot.

again what do you want to spend on it? the above scenario is well into $1300.

Thanks again Chris for your reply,

I am only concerned about the "Chirp" when switching the alarm on or off. I don't need a pager. I just want to be able to exit the car, lock it with the remote and have the alarm activate at the same time as locking the car but with no "chirp" and then when returning to the car unlock with the remote again with no chirp but when triggered by an unauthorized entry or significant movement the siren would sound as usual.

From reading the description of the Mongoose M60 series car alarm with dual zone microwave sensor as listed in your website I believe that that alarm would give good basic security but I just need to know if it will Chirp when switched on/off and if you consider this a reasonable choice.

You list is as $395 so if you recommend it what would installation cost be and roughly how long would it take to fit as I would have to come up from the Gold Coast and would need to wait for it.

Alternatively do you have a workshop or affiliate on the Coast.

Thanks again for you time and assistance, Mark.

Thanks again Chris for your reply,

I am only concerned about the "Chirp" when switching the alarm on or off. I don't need a pager. I just want to be able to exit the car, lock it with the remote and have the alarm activate at the same time as locking the car but with no "chirp" and then when returning to the car unlock with the remote again with no chirp but when triggered by an unauthorized entry or significant movement the siren would sound as usual.

From reading the description of the Mongoose M60 series car alarm with dual zone microwave sensor as listed in your website I believe that that alarm would give good basic security but I just need to know if it will Chirp when switched on/off and if you consider this a reasonable choice.

You list is as $395 so if you recommend it what would installation cost be and roughly how long would it take to fit as I would have to come up from the Gold Coast and would need to wait for it.

Alternatively do you have a workshop or affiliate on the Coast.

Thanks again for you time and assistance, Mark.

ring me in the morning and we'll take it from there. 0407-102-839 after 9am pls :D