SAU Community

Looking To Get A Bike For A Learner

Those GSF250's are top bikes.

Only reason I wouldn't recommend a Cagiva Prima is the fact that parts would be hard to find if you were to drop it.

Honda parts are plentiful.

Buy good gear and save your money for a good upgrade, either way you don't lost much money on a 250 unless you drop it.

id just go the cbr dude. theyre so common theres parts everywhere, well known, and dont go too bad for 250. wouldnt say the quickest of smaller bikes, but learner legal and still more fun then a car :)

like the dude up above said, spend money on gear, cos its only a matter of time til you move onto bigger things in which case spending too much on a smaller cc bike is pointless. not only that, itll save your ass. look on bike forums and a lot of people will say the old two types of bikers those that have gone down and those that will. myself and many friends are on 600's and we've all had a prang for some reason, and seriously we're all pretty sensible with our lives... my own prang from a fella not looking when pulling out.

i had a vfr400 for my first bike, learnt lots but was over it after 3months. in qld you can get open bike if you have open car licence which i had. if 6months is all your state needs for learner restrictions id say youre gonna be getting something bigger at that time, if you havent gone down or not scared after you have.

bottom line, dont waste money on a small bike youre just gonna get rid of. anything cheap enough will do for the time being.