SAU Community

Hid's

7yphon

Do you know anything about auto leveling and washers on the front, you see I have HID's and got a yellow went to the pits and they told me HID's have to be auto lvl and washers on the front otherwise they have to be put back to stock..... does anybody know if this is true...

Well i know that luxury cars that come out with HIDs from factory have those washers to clean the headlights, so probably is true.

Why not just replace the stock ones back and go through pits, then install the HIDs again? I did that when i got yellowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking at the wireing now but Its runs of from the looks a factory H3 Globe for the low beams ?????? I thought they where a H7???? Does anybody know more about this

i've been selling H.I.D. for few years and lots of members here know me as well.

there's no H.I.D. legal without autoleveling, self washer, and projector lense.

who ever sell h.i.d.and tell you that hid under 6000 is legal is just try to cheat you and missleading the understanding of the law.

no aftermarket hid is legal.

HOWEVER

never heard anyone got pulled over and got yellow sticker only because of the h.i.d.

also, if you hide the ballasts well, you can go over the pits with no problem, coz when they check the car is daytime and thy wouldn't tell the defference.

Thats all well and good bankids but its on the sheet that have to remove them so now im at point now where I have to change it back over, But thankyou about the info about the auto lvl and washers at least now I know the guy wasnt full of it

Probably a stupid question but why are hid lights illegal to install on cars that didnt come with them? If there a better light wouldnt they be better to use?

because as bankids mention your car needs to have the following...

there's no H.I.D. legal without autoleveling, self washer, and projector lense.

Probably a stupid question but why are hid lights illegal to install on cars that didnt come with them? If there a better light wouldnt they be better to use?

Because HID's are a lot brighter than standard lights and emit a different kind of light, and because of this the light is not controlled and adjusted correctly. So when somebody comes driving down the road in the oposite direction to you, they can see sweet f**k all because you've essentially got high-beams blaring into their eyes.

That's why you need the washer, projector and auto leveling because these three things stop the HID light going astray and blinding the crap out of everybody else on the road.

I'm quite interested in replacing my high beams with a cheap HID kit, becuase they're high beams so I dont really think it matters (from a moral stand point) if they are blinding and point up too hight (compared to standard beams). I know they'll still be illigal but I wont feel bad and they wont be blinding eveybody. Plus it makes my country driving that little bit more safe. :down:

Because HID's are a lot brighter than standard lights and emit a different kind of light, and because of this the light is not controlled and adjusted correctly. So when somebody comes driving down the road in the oposite direction to you, they can see sweet f**k all because you've essentially got high-beams blaring into their eyes.

That's why you need the washer, projector and auto leveling because these three things stop the HID light going astray and blinding the crap out of everybody else on the road.

I'm quite interested in replacing my high beams with a cheap HID kit, becuase they're high beams so I dont really think it matters (from a moral stand point) if they are blinding and point up too hight (compared to standard beams). I know they'll still be illigal but I wont feel bad and they wont be blinding eveybody. Plus it makes my country driving that little bit more safe. :P

When u pick the colour for your high beam, don't use any colur over 5000k as they don't work good on high beam, i have 10000k hid kit in my high beam 8000k in foglights and 4300k in lowbeam, when i did some country road i felt the high beam doesn't really work.

also when u want to buy some cheap ones that's ok just buy from local shop who do replacement inside of australia. at least when u want your warranty u can still find them.

my 2 cents

I'm quite interested in replacing my high beams with a cheap HID kit, becuase they're high beams so I dont really think it matters (from a moral stand point) if they are blinding and point up too hight (compared to standard beams). I know they'll still be illigal but I wont feel bad and they wont be blinding eveybody. Plus it makes my country driving that little bit more safe. :P

Thats a good idea. . putting them into the high beams. Would that work? You would be able to just flick back to low beam when on coming cars are there. I do a fair bit of country driving so some a bright light would be good to have as i dont really want to put spotties on the fromt of my supra

only disadvantage of put hid to hi beam is when u switch to high beam it's not instantly light up, always being a flash before it lites up. so when u drive country road you gonna watch out. unless ur hi and low beam can be on at the same time..but skyline can't

only disadvantage of put hid to hi beam is when u switch to high beam it's not instantly light up, always being a flash before it lites up. so when u drive country road you gonna watch out. unless ur hi and low beam can be on at the same time..but skyline can't

Unless you re-wire it, another mod I was considering but haven't had the chance to look into. Probably a bit beyond my electronics skill, but I have a few mates who are into that sort of thing and should be able to help me out there.

Unless you re-wire it, another mod I was considering but haven't had the chance to look into. Probably a bit beyond my electronics skill, but I have a few mates who are into that sort of thing and should be able to help me out there.

There is a guide on how to do it somewhere here on SAU... Its quite simple from memory. Try the Tutorial section.

Edit: Here you go... It involves removing the indicator stalk and bridging the gap between two points with solder. Pictures and all, this is about as simple as automotive electronics gets! :rolleyes:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Du...html&st=40#

• 2 weeks later...