SAU Community

Summernats Warning > Hume Hwy.

B. J.

I dont think entrapment laws are fairly easy to get around...

"State is entitled to protect itself against likely criminal activity" and "setting a trap" can be a "social necessity". By way of contrast, an egalitarian rights oriented stance would stress the necessity that "a citizen's precious right to immunity from arbitrary and unlawful intrusion into the daily affairs of private life remain unimpaired". Entrapment represents a "conceptual incoherence" in the criminal justice system in that we "say x ought not to be done, but we invite people to do x". Even so, "if particular crimes are so difficult to detect by reactive enforcement techniques our only choice is crime facilitation." In very few branches of the law have policy considerations played such a dominant part as has occurred in the development of principles on the law of entrapment.

:O

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. Seatbelts, brake and steering carry points (3 each) and undue noise under the Protection of the Environment Act carries points as well.

FAAAK! just checked the site out defective seating is a no no as well, guess it has to be ADR approved after all

If the car wears plates and the trailer wears plates,as I would have to,to be used on public roads,You can be defected. I coped 13 defects one year on the way to the nats.

I'm sure any half decent lawyer could sort that out in court without breaking a sweat. Of course, you had no intention to drive the car on the street until it was roadworthy, so the ticket is bogus. Ladybytes has a good point about mods as well - just say you put full slicks on, then trailered the car to the track. There's no way the defect would hold up under court scrutiny. Similar for if you intend to only run the car in the summernats grounds, ie not in a public road.

Also, if you were trailering a car in those circumstances, you could pull the CAS plug before you set off, so if you were instructed by the police to move it off the trailer you could respond with "it doesnt start". :P

Didn't they defect cars on trailers and tilt tray trucks one year?

if its regested they can as kto inspect it . unregested dont see why it matters wat ever the case is there just money digger's defecting them ant proving anything it just makes em money.

I travelled down last night and just got back now, seen a total of 3 hwy patrol and 1 undercover and 600km.

NSW police are pathetic, even in the town where all NSW police are trained where you would think they would be out in droves, their was only 1 hwy patrol on the side using radar.

I travelled down last night and just got back now, seen a total of 3 hwy patrol and 1 undercover and 600km.

NSW police are pathetic, even in the town where all NSW police are trained where you would think they would be out in droves, their was only 1 hwy patrol on the side using radar.

Dont stay for sunday Ben??

How was it any rain?

As always it was aaaaabsolutely stinking hot, I found a big radiator fan (like top fuel teams use) in the PWR/Castrol display stand and sat infront of that for an hour thats how hot it was. They need to have a couple of big pavillions of just chairs and tables and fans/water cooling etc.

Security were allowing cars to do more/bigger burnouts than the past couple of years. I didn't see 1 car get kicked out or sidelined like I did every 15mins last year. A red R34 GTT did a killer burnout at the corner and plenty of other cars were cooking rubber all around the cruise route. As usual plenty of local slags showing their chest bumps, seen maybe 2 sets of good tits the rest I wouldnt even piss on.

I still don't understand why their are so few trade stalls, you get the regular big 1's in the pavillions but with an event so big with spectators and entrants from all over Australia it shouldn't be hard to get 50 trade stalls.

Well done to the Army for flying a helicopter back n forth over the event at low altitude all afternoon kicking up all the dust and rubbish over people and cars, love your work.

Well done to the Army for flying a helicopter back n forth over the event at low altitude all afternoon kicking up all the dust and rubbish over people and cars, love your work.

omg, i was right under one of those :)

i obviously picked the absolute worst time to leave one pavillion to go visit someone in another pavillion... it was like i was in the middle of a tornado :(

FAAAK! just checked the site out defective seating is a no no as well, guess it has to be ADR approved after all

Yeap if you drive an import and you get pulled up by HWP in NSW they first ask for your tyres to be looked at then walk up to your seats and belts for a rigourous bashing..

If it aint adr approved your on a tow truck

No rain! Was sooo hot out there today! I sent you a SMS Jess :P Wasnt sure if you made it down or not!

It was stinking hot today!! I have a new mobile number so didn't get it (will pm it to you) :woot: Would of been good to catch up.

We went and said hello to evil in the pavilion

There were more imports there this year..might even think of entering my GTR next year in Go to Whoa or something..

I only seen 2 highway patrol on the way down this morning, one was being sneaky and hiding in the bush with a speed camera and the other was near canberra and was sitting on the side of the road with speed camera.

Seen a gunmetal grey R32 GTR with white rims entered in summernats, not sure if he is on SAU but lives in sydney cause followed him home most of the way..Hi :D

Seen a gunmetal grey R32 GTR with white rims entered in summernats, not sure if he is on SAU but lives in sydney cause followed him home most of the way..Hi :D

See this link for his pic

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Su....html&st=20

Next year if NSW is interested, the ACT guys received free entry on Sunday for displaying their cars. We may be able to extend the offer.

See this link for his pic

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Su....html&st=20

Next year if NSW is interested, the ACT guys received free entry on Sunday for displaying their cars. We may be able to extend the offer.

Thanks thats the GTR I seen :P and that R34 was nice is that the tommy kiara car you think?? Looks like it

On the way down thurs, just saw a few with the radars, nothing much.

On the way home saw a marked XR8 belt past us at say 160 plus.

5mins later 2 more hwy

then a paddy wagon.

They pulled over a VP V8, VS Clubsport and a VT S

They were dickheads these guys and thank f**k the cops got them. We saw these guys being total f**kwitts.

It was one of thoe times where you go "where are the cops when you need them" then they got done

Didnt see any other modded or streeters pulled over.

I remember one year, Chic Henry's sister in law (He is the main man for summernats...) was pulled over and the cop said "oh, this doesnt look like a modified car - off you go"

Of course Chic found out and made a few calls.

hey everyone, i was working at the street machine stand selling some stuff.. ne of u guys show up to the stand?

i left on thursday, on the way i saw 1 stop for defects and another stop for drugs, that thursday night i saw 4 different rbt's on the 1 corner lol, no getting away for neone :s as for the way back there was 1 under cover with the radar bout 10minutes out of the scene, i also saw those guys pulled over but sisnt look like much to me, just 3 cops cars on those guys... didnt get pulled over once thank god... all in all it was stinking hot, have sore as feet, saw 1 car smash into the concrete barrier after doing a burnout, and loved the 21st birthday party they had on saturday night... i was soo fkn drunk i barely remember nething after that, woke up in the morning still drunk :lol:

p.s. just to rub it in a little i had 6 free 3 day passes :yes:

They pulled over a VP V8, VS Clubsport and a VT S

They were dickheads these guys and thank f**k the cops got them. We saw these guys being total f**kwitts.

It was one of thoe times where you go "where are the cops when you need them" then they got done

I went down saturday morning with some friends, saw a black commode fly past us followed by a couple of P platers.. we were doing 120 so they must have been doing at least 150. Not even 20 seconds later my friend backs off because he just went past a cop sitting in a breakdown bay, cop eventually turns his lights on and comes onto the road, hangs back a bit.... then absolutely nailed it past us. Few clicks down the road and he's pulled over one P plater, then a bit further on we saw another cop had pulled over the second P plater, then we saw a 3rd cop who was booking someone in a commodore (another P plater, not the first one we saw flying.. probably got him for poor taste as his car had altezzas).

it was brilliant. you've gotta have rocks in your head to speed on the way to the nats. They all got done for being complete fwits.

Sounds like grounds for entrapment to me.

Australia has no entrapment laws, as has already been posted. I get annoyed every time someone uses that word because it shows total ignorance for our laws. We are not America.

As usual plenty of local slags showing their chest bumps, seen maybe 2 sets of good tits the rest I wouldnt even piss on.

After making a comment like that I don't think you deserved to see any. The nats is probably the only place where you can see a free bit of tit, and it's also the only place where a girl can get an ego boost because pretty much anything will be cheered. Hell, a guy cruised past in a motorised wheelchair and the crowd went nuts. I love it, it's just great entertainment even though I've seen some very ordinary sets at times. You take the good with the bad (and this year the best set belonged to a woman who must have been in her 40's... respect!).

If the car on the trailer is registered then they can defect it because you have the intent on driving it on the road (otherwise it wouldn't be registered would it).

When they ask you to take it off the trailer and you do, then it can be argued you have intent to drive it because now it's on the road. If it's on the trailer it could be broken - plenty of registered cars have been put on tow trucks because something happened that made it temporarily unroadworthy. Should you call the RTA and cancel your rego then get it towed and fixed then re-instate the rego? That would be a joke.

If you're really worried about it just take your number plates off when it's being towed, and say it's unregistered.