SAU Community

Broken Ciggy Lighter

sida102

hi all.

i know this has been posted before but i couldnt find the info that i need. My lighter is broken and i dont know the cause of the problem. First point of call was the fuse box where i realised that there was no fuse in the lighter spot (?!?!?) but there was a spare fuse so that was all good. I checked the spare fuse with a multimeter and it seems fine. This didnt fix the problem and after trying with the new fuse i checked it again to make sure it wasnt blown, it was fine.

so basically it seems like its not a fuse problem but i dont know where to go from here. Any help would be great.

Make sure you are using a genuine "jap spec" ciggarette plug like the genuine one. I noticed that I purchased a replacement one from autobahn and it keept blowin the fuse, when you push it in. However navman charger and phone charger had no effect. In the end it was just in there for looks. lol Other than that rip the glove panel off and inspect the plug connected to the pins in the lighter holster and check all wires at the rear arent worn through.

• 1 month later...

take off the dash, check all the wires are connected properly, test for a current running through them. this way you can narrow it down from no power going to the wires, or a problem between the connection of the wires and the lighter holder itself.