SAU Community

Jobs Up North?

avrahan

hey

im currently looking for a job up north, but dont really know where to start looking...

it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction

like websites or numbers, anything!

cheers

im looking for direction....

im an assistant manager...but looking for more money.

i can get a drilling job, but i want to know what else is available that doesnt really need qualifications

thanks for the reply

A lot of work is done buy contracting companies. So you would either work for a company like BHP who owns the mines, or a company that they contract to do work. To give you an idea, I'm an Engineer working for IMP. At the moment I'm flying in and out of Newman doing commisioning work on one of their projects. This sort of thing doesn't last that long though, because once the project is over, then I stop going.

There are many other opportunities that are more permanent that don't require qualification. Look up a company called Theis. I'm pretty sure thats how they spell it. They always have a lot of people working up there. They are mainly focussed on construction type jobs.

A lot of work is done buy contracting companies. So you would either work for a company like BHP who owns the mines, or a company that they contract to do work. To give you an idea, I'm an Engineer working for IMP. At the moment I'm flying in and out of Newman doing commisioning work on one of their projects. This sort of thing doesn't last that long though, because once the project is over, then I stop going.

There are many other opportunities that are more permanent that don't require qualification. Look up a company called Theis. I'm pretty sure thats how they spell it. They always have a lot of people working up there. They are mainly focussed on construction type jobs.

maybe it is spelt diffrently? couldnt find anything on "theis" :P

customer walked in the other day, told him im bored of this job....he said come work at the mines. what are the chances!! lol

i spoke to him for like an hour, he gave me contacts and numbers of ppl he knows.

thanks again for all ya help :cheers:

Some good positions in Jubilee, a mate of mine works for them.. Very flexible from what I've been told..

sorry mate is jubilee the company or the place? have you got any details on them??

cheers >_<

• 3 weeks later...

If you are keen on doing anything or actually have no reservations about working in an inferior job for a year or so, try and get into a lerger company straight away.. Contracting companies are nice, but until you get into the prime company, you'll be behind the 8 ball a bit.. An operator or TA job might seem a bit boring at firs,t but show initiative and you are on your way to getting places.. I did 8.5 years in the NW working for the same company as a contractor and employee, now I am contracitng back to them at consultant rates in Perth, mostly due to my experience in the industry, knowledge of the systems and people and also because I went that extra mile to help out when necessary.. You get extra $$$ for it, but in the end it is noticed by those that count.

before mining companies even look at you, you need your marcstar, this correct?

cheers good info guys

Huh? Im in karratha and never even heard of that. .

Everyone up here is looking for workers. . You dont need a thing to get a job although some things do put you that on step infront of the other guy.

This is what i had to do. . . I got told bout this place and gave them my resume', a few days later i got a call i went in there got the paperwork and they asked for a piss test. So i went down to where they do the tests, then the next day i took the paperwork back to the workplace. A day later i got a call saying that i start work next monday.

Most places its as simple as that, BUT i do have a sheetmetal/boilermaker quallification so that does help (im a boilermaker) obviously lol

If you dont have any expirience then you can just go as a TA . . they still get good pay for not having any quallifications and alot of places are looking for TAs to give the tradies a hand

marcsta's are a bit of a crock, as they call it a worksite induction..

however, and this is why its a load of shit, EVERY mine site, and pretty much every half decent construction site, will do an induction of there own, marcsta is nothing but someone ripping you off needlessly...

don't bother with it, i haven't

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• They replace springs for sure. The remade in USA throttle springs feel much stiffer than the originals. 
    • Lol, yeh...the things we tell ourselves. I slap my motors together myself and havent lost one yet. ECU setup is worth 6 times any motor i have built....lol so....yeh its masturbatory    Help me Steve, got an Emtron KV8 and thinking P14 Black Box with C127 or AEM ED7/ CD7.  Ive got my old Aim MXL and Race Technology DASH2 so no rush for dashes; next step is PDM with PWM as i still street drive the old girl and fuel does warm up with 550l/min cranking through the lines just potting around along with thermo fans   Lol justvspent 14hrs doing my wiring diagrams in CAD to help work out wtf im doing
    • Congrats on the upgrade For sure, just give someone like Castle Hill Exhaust a call. I was just looking today, the factory system is twin 45mm so I'm pretty sure there is gains to be made
    • It feels like it has been ages. Will be there. Looking forward to it!
    • i looked at a HKS Exhaust for my 400R and the pricing was out of this world like to get it posted from the US is crazy. it was more then $2000 postage and i understand its a heavy item but thats just a cat back like $5000 for a cat back exhaust to my door imo is crazy. There was a  performance shop offering me a similar exhaust for $8k sure they just got it posted to and trying to make some extra cash though they said labor costs of installing but yer cat back and im paying $3k labor yerr nah. I remember i got a custom exhaust made for my TX3 back in the day from Hitech Mufflers on Parramatta Rd just wondering if i could get one these days for under $5k for my VR37?