SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

• 1 month later...

Looking good Rohan...particularly in the delts and biceps.

Should post the old photos with it, I can't be arsed searching through this thread for them.

^^ Yep delts and bi's are looking good man!

I went to Sydney for a week and diet went straight out the window! Trying to put it together, hopefully can get everything on track tomorrow.

I CAN'T STAND IT WHEN I AM NOT IN A GOOD RHYTHM!

LOL that's why I hate going on holidays, unless I can find a gym nearby. Same deal with getting sick.

This. I've been thinking of going on holiday for a while but don't want to miss the gym and not eat right. I thought it was bad that I was so worried about it. Good to see I'm not the only one lol

argh im so out of whack with training.. this is meant to be my weight gain season... but with house reno's and car build ups, and working after work and extra before work, im too farked to even pick up a weight...

its good that im doing physical activity, but its not lifting... although carrying bricks and swinging sledgehammers is a great for the shoulders and traps.

bump

my 12-13 month work in progress

edit: anyone recommend any pre-workout supps?

meprogress1.jpg

I think those NO type products are a crock of shiezer personally. Slam down a nice protein shake (one with carbs) about 1hr or so before you lift, then some creatine monohydrate about 15mins before entering the gym as i find it gives me that extra oomph to squeeze out those few more reps etc. Failing that, could take the cheaters approach and go see your doc and get a "subscription"

Still, nothing beats that first couple of sessions back after a break - the feeling of "I'M BACK!" when you feel like you never looked so big lol.

ive sorted out my "no time to workout at home" problem...

ill workout at work!!

im in my office doing lunges, squats, one handed snatches, deadlifts, shoulder press, shrugs and bent over rows with water cooler jugs... its bloody brilliant... dunno why i never thought of it before..

It's amazing where you can workout and with what lol. I always had this weird fantasy of being stuck on a deserted island (as long as I had food and water) and all I could do with the time spent there (besides trying to get rescued) was become some fit as f*** bastard from lifting rocks and shit.

Yer.

Still, nothing beats that first couple of sessions back after a break - the feeling of "I'M BACK!" when you feel like you never looked so big lol.

Ohh man that feeling is sick! But your in for a sore couple of weeks on your return lol + you don't lift as much which sometimes gets you annoyed and you lose concetration lmao but if i feel the burn i am happy! :bunny:

ive sorted out my "no time to workout at home" problem...

ill workout at work!!

im in my office doing lunges, squats, one handed snatches, deadlifts, shoulder press, shrugs and bent over rows with water cooler jugs... its bloody brilliant... dunno why i never thought of it before..

LOL!!! Man I wanna know where you work just so I can walk past your office and see your shirt with dark patches :happy: Or seeing a water jug getting lifted up high from over the desk hahaha

hahaha... dark blue shirt FTW!!.. and im sorta the only one at my office.. so i got free reign of the place...

and birds.... f#$k the deserted island... i wanna go on a massive cruise ship... 6 weeks... eat, train, eat, rest, eat, train, eat, rest.. look at mad scenery, eat... repeat..

hahaha... dark blue shirt FTW!!.. and im sorta the only one at my office.. so i got free reign of the place...

and birds.... f#$k the deserted island... i wanna go on a massive cruise ship... 6 weeks... eat, train, eat, rest, eat, train, eat, rest.. look at mad scenery, eat... repeat..

Cruise ship sounds plausible. Gotta say I'd laugh if I saw someone in office clothes deadlifting a water bottle for a clean set of 50 :D

Nice collection of info here boys

Got a bit of a predicament for you guys to mull over; training mate of mine has done his wrist (old injury recurring). Hasn't managed to be able to put pressure / significant weight on it for more than a month now. Getting x-rays and stuff, but can anyone suggest some exercises for circumventing the wrist and still getting a good workout, back and chest. For example I think the pec deck is one possible solution for the chest. Any other ideas?

Nice collection of info here boys

Got a bit of a predicament for you guys to mull over; training mate of mine has done his wrist (old injury recurring). Hasn't managed to be able to put pressure / significant weight on it for more than a month now. Getting x-rays and stuff, but can anyone suggest some exercises for circumventing the wrist and still getting a good workout, back and chest. For example I think the pec deck is one possible solution for the chest. Any other ideas?

What about figure 8 lifting straps? I've never used them but I believe they take a lot of the load off your wrists and forearms.

Yep straps are good...

Hard to suggest suitable exercises without knowing what motions put strain on the wrist. During which exercises does he feel the most pain?

When the wrist is bending or when it is static? With vertical weight on the joint, e.g. shoulder press, or horizontal weight, e.g. bicep curl?