SAU Community

Ipod Integration (full!)

Thanks Chris, will try it out with an Ipod video when I get the chance. Do they display photos if stored on the ipod?

Ipod in action :D Btw, spot the IR eye if you can!

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

Edited by n15m0

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt look at it (IR) in the day time - can you see it?

Yes its quite visible in the day. I'm looking at sticking the remote on the roof with velcro so I don't need to hang on to it.

Hi Chris,

I am also in sydney and would like the full ipod integration for my V35.

Can you please put me onto the guy in sydney PLZZZ...

Alternatively my GF would love a trip to brisbane... lol

PM

Hi Chris,

I am very interested in getting the Ipod integration in as well but am in Sydney.

Do you know of anyone here who can do it, if not my folks live at Redcliff so could make a road trip up North.

Let me know

Cheers

Lee

• 4 weeks later...
road trip if you are keen :D

are yo mechanical ? if so flick me a PM :)

Hi Chris,

I've finnaly taken my road trip and have made the permanent move up to Brissy from Sydney - moved to the Bay Side, I do need to catch up with you now I'm here and plan my attack as I will be keeping my current v35 for a while (pinning to upgrade to a 350 coupe... one day :D ).

My requirements are:

* 19" wheels

* lowered springs and new shocks

* GPS and this cool ipod integration

That should keep me interested in my old 300GT for a while :)

Hi Chris,

I've finnaly taken my road trip and have made the permanent move up to Brissy from Sydney - moved to the Bay Side, I do need to catch up with you now I'm here and plan my attack as I will be keeping my current v35 for a while (pinning to upgrade to a 350 coupe... one day :) ).

My requirements are:

* 19" wheels

* lowered springs and new shocks

* GPS and this cool ipod integration

That should keep me interested in my old 300GT for a while :D

give me a ring during the week (0407-102-839) and I can tackle it for you.

as for lowered items - speak to Jon Chan (n15mo) about it. he has a sedan and recently lowered it.

speak to Jon Chan (n15mo) about it. he has a sedan and recently lowered it.

Hay thanks Chris, I've had a look through the members for Jon but cannot find him... do you have more details on him?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have a fellow there that can do it BUT he doesn't have the unit. I do. if you do not have a spare $450 for it then you may wnat to give it a miss.

I do have another method as well that uses to OE radio and steering controls as well.

your call there.

I have a fellow there that can do it BUT he doesn't have the unit. I do. if you do not have a spare $450 for it then you may wnat to give it a miss.

I do have another method as well that uses to OE radio and steering controls as well.

your call there.

what do u mean OE Radio? but would be cool if I could use the steering controls. I dont have $450 lying around unfortunately.

I htought I might as well get ipod integration, cuz a guy down here told me dvd converion will cost 800, might as well spend that and get an ipod conversion.

btw, I read u come down to sydney once in a while, whens ur next trip?

cheers,

Danny

I come out when requested. someone pays a fare down and back and I'm there. when I'm there I'm in condell park.

the whole upgrade is 2-3 times that depending on what you do. Ipod video on screen I'm out of currently (micah brennan has the last one.) but the one I mentioned runs from the original radio. who is doing the swaps down there btw. revolution went out of business I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

apple sell iphone av cables which work fine with video :blink:

ive decided to import a M$ Zune 80GB they seem to be ok and they have an av dock that comes with remote n all.. the thing i hate bout the apple av cables is that it doesnt show you the interface on the screen ie.. u can scroll through on the external screen to choose music etc.. u can with the zune and it has an internal fm tuner too :) theres a demo of the interface

apple sell iphone av cables which work fine with video :blink:

ive decided to import a M$ Zune 80GB they seem to be ok and they have an av dock that comes with remote n all.. the thing i hate bout the apple av cables is that it doesnt show you the interface on the screen ie.. u can scroll through on the external screen to choose music etc.. u can with the zune and it has an internal fm tuner too :) theres a demo of the interface