SAU Community

Rims

Daniel R32

Hey just wondering who sells rims that have the oily coloured lips (like when you see oily water on the road. . all the colours) or anyone in perth that can do that effect to some rims i like

Im after 19s or 20s and AT LEAST 100mm of dish on the back, and gloss black spokes

Cheers

Daniel

your talking about titanium polished dish

how much you wanna spend????

there are some cheapies going around but the original ones are Rays

maxi3_small.jpg

Yep thats the look i want . . Im guessing there expensive then? Im after black spokes with the titanium lip. .

MMMMMM love that lip

Yep thats the look i want . . Im guessing there expensive then? Im after black spokes with the titanium lip. .

MMMMMM love that lip

last quote i had for em in 18's was 4200 with plain silver centre, black centre not available when i was looking also and a 5month wait

Bugger . . I dont really want to wait that long just for rims . . 2GU UP do you know anything about the cheapies you said that were around? Or anyone know who can do that effect if i take rims to them in perth?

those rims there, I heard that if you damage it..the rim repair places cant fix it..lik they can fix the whole rim but you'll loose the titanium colour effect..

so any scratchs on em guess you needa leave it or buy a whole new rim..

those rims there, I heard that if you damage it..the rim repair places cant fix it..lik they can fix the whole rim but you'll loose the titanium colour effect..

so any scratchs on em guess you needa leave it or buy a whole new rim..

Dam . . that sucks ;)

Is it some type of coating or is it done buy heating the rim up to get the burn like heat marks?

yeah titanium wheels are hard to machine and has lik a really high melting point..

but then agian..titanium wheels are only good for show because there heavy and weak...easily damaged ay..so no point riskin big $$$ and getting it damaged after a little curb

my mate should be getting his set in soon and see how that goes..but only thing is..his keeping it for show so wont be awhile until he puts them on.

Arnt fighter jets made from titanium . . so they are light and strong?

Anyway i want some of those rims but not too keen on waiting for ages for them to arrive

Had a look on the site and the biggest i saw was 18s :D I WANT BIGGER lol and wider . .

Titanium has the highest strenth to weight ratio, hence why they cost $$$$. They are lighter than the other rays rims which are already lighter than most.

Cheap brand titanium rims will be heavy because they are most likely a titanium alloy and like all no name brands will have to be thicker to cope with the forces exerted on them.

From Wikipedia

The two most useful properties of the metal form are corrosion resistance, and the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal.[4] In its unalloyed condition, titanium is as strong as some steels, but 45% lighter.

Ah i see :banana:

Im not really worried that much about the weight of the rim, like i dont want something as heavy as a fridge lol . . They would just be for street use . . and put the stokies on when at the drags (when i move back to perth) Just want something different looking and you dont see that lip anywhere. .

I say spend your money elsewhere...

I seriously never did understand how someone can willingly put that amount of money into rims, when they do the same thing the previous ones did...

rims are the ultimate in rice and waste of money...

haaaaaaaaaahahahahaha titanium heavy and weak!!

Thats some funny shit right there.

Oh dear.

People regard titanium as being some sort of brilliant material. It is not necesarilly that good. Its best properties aren't so much its strength per se, but its corrosion resistance, toughness & high temperature strength. Most of the titanium mined in Australia is turned into white powder, not alloy.

In any case I think you will find that the rims are aluminium and simply coated in Titanium which give them the rainbow effect. There is no reason for them to be any heavier, stronger, weaker or substantially different than any other Volk rim.