SAU Community

What Tyres Would You Get?

Hi all,

In the near future I'll be looking to get some new tyres for my car (96 R33 GTST S2). It's currently wearing the tyres put on for compliance- in other words the cheapest, nastiest pieces of trash you can buy.

Here's the challenge though- I'm using the stock rims for my car. So that limits the choice a bit.

So, what are the best 'bang-for-buck' tyres I can get?

not sure if they come in the right sizes for you, but Hankook K104's are generally considered decent bang for buck.

I have them on my car, pushing out around 250rwkw, 255's on the rear and they perform pretty well really.

not sure if they come in the right sizes for you, but Hankook K104's are generally considered decent bang for buck.

I have them on my car, pushing out around 250rwkw, 255's on the rear and they perform pretty well really.

Looking around, there are a lot of people that are really happy with the K104's. I'll have to see if I can find somewhere that stocks them near me.

Hi Mate

i was in the same situation about 3 mths ago.

I got Toyo proxes 4 on my car - 225\50R16 for about 195 per tyre

Seem excellent so far, good tyre wear and nice road handling.

I've just been quoted $165 per corner for these at my local tyre place, fitted and balanced. I cant get the K104s for my rims, but only in the 205/55. So I might just have a look at these.

Hi Mate

i was in the same situation about 3 mths ago.

I got Toyo proxes 4 on my car - 225\50R16 for about 195 per tyre

Seem excellent so far, good tyre wear and nice road handling.

yeah they are good :banana:

got T1Rs on my rear, plenty of traction and grip

think i paid 250 for mine, 245 17s

I recommend Hankook k-104s but have a read through the thread on tyres if you havnt done so already.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ty...ate-t72923.html

I've had a good read of that thread, thanks for mentioning it though. I've heard nothing but good things about the K-104s, but unfortunately they don't seem to offer them in a good size to suit the stock rims I have. If I had different wheels, it would be K-104s, no question.

As it stands though, the Proxies 4 are looking mighty good for the price.

Edited by bnew