SAU Community

Resprayed My Wheels Yesterday. Pics/write Up Inside.

Lukaz

I Bought a set of cheap, shitty condition AVS wheels a few months ago, I needed some wide rims for my car and these were a bargain so I snapped them up. They were riddled with really bad gutter rashes and flaking paint. Yesterday me and my mate did a backyarder respray on them. Hers some pics!

Heres how I bought them..

30131267pj6.jpg

Gutter rashes before...

25039142yl1.jpg

and after being sanded back.

71667105jx9.jpg

Smooth...

37587101qd6.jpg

Prepping

60306256cq9.jpg

Backyarder styles...

18521145fv4.jpg

Mixing the paint

51899339ud5.jpg

Starting the first coat

12848915kn3.jpg

First coat done

11xk5.jpg

12mk1.jpg

Finished product

finishedproductug1.jpg

Damn! Thats a trip! I have done the same thing with exactly the same rims on my white 33. Gloss black and all....and I can vouch for the fact that it looks horn!

Nice work in the back yard, I had mine done professionally because I dont have the equipment yet, but you finish looks nice too.

Would love to see your rims under your car, the only downside is they catch tyre shine and dust real easy!

Damn! Thats a trip! I have done the same thing with exactly the same rims on my white 33. Gloss black and all....and I can vouch for the fact that it looks horn!

Nice work in the back yard, I had mine done professionally because I dont have the equipment yet, but you finish looks nice too.

Would love to see your rims under your car, the only downside is they catch tyre shine and dust real easy!

Haha, yeah i was a little bit hesitant to go black originally because i thought it would just be too much black, but Im happy now. Yeah it was an ok job for a backyarder, got a lil dust in the paint, some tiny run marks and some of the gutter rashes werent 100% smoothed out but all in all its 1000 times better than what they were so im happy. Im thinking of doing white walls too just to break up the black a lil bit.

Gonna be buying tires next week or so, get some pics up then. Cars not moving at the moment so I wont get to see them rolling for another couple of months unfortunately. Might put them on my oldmans xr6t temporarily hehe.