SAU Community

Jap aerial adaptor???

riggaP

Originally posted by riggaP

I just put in a new head unit and I aint got no radio coz the jap adaptor dont fit.:)  

Anyone know where to get one that'll fit???

Its a Pioneer DEHP6350 if that helps...:)

My Kenwood came with the adaptor,,but it took me a while to work out how to do it or even what it was for,,,in the end it was so simple,,,,All it was,,was an adaptor that pluged into the Head unit(just like an Aussie aerial plug lead) and the Nissan aerial plug end fitted into it....with the 2 pin Nissan one,,,one pin went in the middle(the Hole) and the other pin rubbed up against the outer case of the adaptor,,,,,Simple. I bought my head unit from SCR,,,maybe they can help you....

Neil

Originally posted by nissanpower

does anybody know how to tune the radio frequency thing. cos i can only get fm range from around 70 to 89.9

its a japanese pioneer headunit .. carrorezia or something

Easy buddy,,,Jaycar and the N.Z. boys sell whats called a Band Expander,,,,It's a adaptor that double adapts between your stereo and your aerial lead,,,,you do need to find power though,,,,use the cig lighter....Just make sure you get one for the 2 pin Nissan system.

Neil.

I took the socket out of the old head unit and made my own adapter. Cost - $1.00 (antenna plug from jaycar). I connected the main antenna (thick coax cable) to the new head unit and the sub antenna to my alarm to boost its range.