SAU Community

Rb25 Into Cefiro?

kretch

hey ive just spun a bearing in my RB20 in my ceffy, and am curios how hard the conversion would be from rb20 to a 25. As i read in another topic i can just bolt the rb20 mounts onto the 25, and i already have a rb25 gearbox running in my ceffy. Has anyone done this conversion and give me a guide as to what else is involved or what do i need to modify/convert, because by looking at the 2 engines it doesnt look like theres that much involved at all?? Any help would be great. Thanks dean.

mounts and loom are pretty much only thing u need to worry about.

ie get the lom wired to run the dash and fuel pump etc

pm me for any info as i have a 25 in a cefiro

ok thanks for that il keep it in mind, but im pulling the rb20 out as we speak so once its out and i have my rb25 il sit the 25 in and see where im at because the only thing im worried bout is i wont b able to do myself is match the 25 loom to the ceffy's body loom, and also any random pipes or connectors..?.(i dont have a rb25det yet if anyone has one for sale in sydney)

• 1 year later...

when i did mine, the powersteering was different, might not be the case for you. i just unbolted the mounts of the rb20 and bolt em to the 25, saves you removing the powersteering and lines etc etc. and using rb25 belt :P works mint. And yea i got my loom done here in nz for 350$ mint ae :P