SAU Community

Caliper Painting Guide (brembo)

Fanta R33GTR

yeah sweet job man.

although for anyone else i would strongly recommend that you take the caliper off before you get nastys like paint stripper all over your pads and brake disc.

contamination like that to the disc can have serious effects on braking power.

even though you clean it off the brakes are never the same trust me i have done this

• 2 months later...
Are the original decals painted on or are they a high temp sticker?

I am looking into getting my calipers resprayed and was wondering the best way to replace the brembo logo.

the orginal logo is a high temp paint job, but it liiks like the clear coat on it starts to chip pretty easily after a certian age.

get a signwriter to make you a negative image (masking)

Same logo as this

bremboLOGO.gif

fronts = 8.5cm x 1.7cm

rears = 5cm x 1cm

:cool:

yeah sweet job man.

although for anyone else i would strongly recommend that you take the caliper off before you get nastys like paint stripper all over your pads and brake disc.

contamination like that to the disc can have serious effects on braking power.

even though you clean it off the brakes are never the same trust me i have done this

I agree , if you can take the calipers off, do it.

1) I couldn't - they were to tight

2) I had just done all the brake fluids not long before and i didn't want to do it again

I haven't noticed any drop in braking performance. Even if you do get paint and paint remover on your pads and rotors, first session of aggressive driving you do with heavy braking is just going to burn the stuff right off. I know this, because I got some serious paint on my rotors while painting the center hubs black a few week after this project and it just took about 5km of driving with heavy braking for all the paint on the rotors to get scraped off by the pads.

• 4 weeks later...