SAU Community

A Police Question

v_s_p_e_c

In relation to radars (both car and handhelds) i remember once being told/reading it was illegal or not admissable if a reading was done on a hill? Is this correct?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie 25T you have the most piss poor attitude I think I have seen on this website to date.

I have written a thousand estimated speeds and am yet to lose one at court, and I am a General Duty Police Officer, or "general dog" as it was put.

There is no requirement to issue an infringement at the time of the offence. There is no requirement to have a lidar or in car radar to issue a speed as the speed is 'estimated'. Police do not just follow a car and say "Hey it looks like he may be speeding", we follow a set procedure to estimate speeds, followed with observations, relevant conversation with the driver etc etc..

Granted sometimes people will take matters to court and rebut the issue and will sometimes get off, this happens all the time, in traffic offences, domestics, stealings, everything, but to say that you can hire a barrister or swanky solicitor and you will get off easily is an absolute crock of s**t..

Half the time I pull someone over for a speed, if they have a decent attitude I will let it slide but when you get a cocky tosser who THINKS he knows the law but knows sweet f**k all and just runs his or her mouth then you're guarenteed a ticket..

If you feel you are generally being done wrong then by all means contend the ticket, but if you have made the mistake, pump up and wear it..

Charlie 25T you have the most piss poor attitude I think I have seen on this website to date.

I have written a thousand estimated speeds and am yet to lose one at court, and I am a General Duty Police Officer, or "general dog" as it was put.

There is no requirement to issue an infringement at the time of the offence. There is no requirement to have a lidar or in car radar to issue a speed as the speed is 'estimated'. Police do not just follow a car and say "Hey it looks like he may be speeding", we follow a set procedure to estimate speeds, followed with observations, relevant conversation with the driver etc etc..

Granted sometimes people will take matters to court and rebut the issue and will sometimes get off, this happens all the time, in traffic offences, domestics, stealings, everything, but to say that you can hire a barrister or swanky solicitor and you will get off easily is an absolute crock of s**t..

Half the time I pull someone over for a speed, if they have a decent attitude I will let it slide but when you get a cocky tosser who THINKS he knows the law but knows sweet f**k all and just runs his or her mouth then you're guarenteed a ticket..

If you feel you are generally being done wrong then by all means contend the ticket, but if you have made the mistake, pump up and wear it..

Can I please have my licence back?? You guys took it off me :D