SAU Community

2001 R34 Gtr Advice

Hi guys,

So I am finally going down the path of my dream and purchasing a 2001 R34 GTR V-SPEC II from an importer. It has 40,000 km's on the clock, practically stock as aside from an aftermarket cat-back exhaust, whilst the rest of it is like it has been off the factory floor. I am in the process of securing finance, and hope to pick it up next week.

What I was hoping to find out from any of those that have been down this path, specifically the R34 GTR's - what are the typical "gotyer"s to look out for when buying one? Has anyone had any experience of things that haven't been as they seem, or experienced anything that they could have avoided with a bit more foresight?

I have read a couple of articles on this site, and there's some fantastic stuff about general skylines and what to look out for... I was hoping to be a bit more specific and tailor a thread to my future car.

So with that in mind, does anyone have any advice on what to look out for, or perhaps a link to another post which may detail exactly what I am asking?

Thank you!

Soon.2.Be.Pwner.

Further to this, I received advice that the R34 GTR V-Spec included on the central display unit the following features that the standard GTR did not;

Lateral G-Force metre

Lap timer

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case, and if so can they provide some instruction on how to access it?

Thanks..

im pretty sure that all GTRs had the G senor, not so sure about the lap sensor.

one thing to mention with all skylines, especially the GTRs is to make sure u keep your Xenon HID bulbs in the car, although compliance requires these to be removed, make absolute sure ur compliance company puts them back in. the mistake i made we i purchased mine was i didnt no anything about skylines. and so im left with shockn aftermarket HIDs which willl never be as good as the factory Xenons.

thats my advice

Further to this, I received advice that the R34 GTR V-Spec included on the central display unit the following features that the standard GTR did not;

Lateral G-Force metre

Lap timer

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case, and if so can they provide some instruction on how to access it?

Thanks..

the file i have attach explain how to use the MFD (muiltfuction display) in the R34 GTR. From my understanding the V-spec model had the upgrade function on displaying Int Temp. and exh temp

R34MFD.pdf