SAU Community

Finally My Car Is Ready

writeoff

hee hee hee hee

I had fun tonight.

I'm grinning like a guy who just scored on prom night.

Here is the dyno sheet:

post-19208-1204816652_thumb.jpg

Edited by writeoff

Hey Dave, I noticed you had a bit of a boost spike there early that almost hit 20psi.

Also tuned on a ramp rate of 200 which is good for numbers but how about real life on the street ie. pushing it hard uphill?

Jeff at Speedlab runs ramp rates of about 150 which may show around 10kw less on the print out but much safer on the street.

Just keep an eye on the detonation bud.

That being the case....my guess of 330 to 340 wasn't too far off.........sorry Darren, you may have to share that prize with me :thumbsup:

Hey Dave, I noticed you had a bit of a boost spike there early that almost hit 20psi.

Yeah I saw that. I was checking it against my old dyno sheets when the HKS EVC was working. The sheets below go from right (oldest) to left (just prior to blowing engine)

The same early spike and then drop off occurs on the low boost setting on an earlier dyno run as well. You can see it on the second sheet below dated 12.4.06. The high boost (blue line) is set at 17psi and trails off to 16psi where as the low boost setting (red line) spikes initially to 12psi and then drops off to 9psi. Interesting.

post-19208-1204816798_thumb.jpg

post-19208-1204816807_thumb.jpg

post-19208-1204817302_thumb.jpg

Edited by writeoff

might pay to take your car to a different tuner just for a check up as martin is known for making grenades.

just be carefull is what im saying.

the run isnt in shoot 6f and some of the other settings look a little funny so just be aware that his not as good as he thinks he is.

at the end of the day he doesnt have to pay for your motor so what does he care.

also that boost spike is a concern.

might pay to take your car to a different tuner just for a check up as martin is known for making grenades.

just be carefull is what im saying.

the run isnt in shoot 6f and some of the other settings look a little funny so just be aware that his not as good as he thinks he is.

at the end of the day he doesnt have to pay for your motor so what does he care.

also that boost spike is a concern.

Yeah I think Martin is probably one of the best tuners in the country but his biggest issue from what I'm hearing from many that have seen him recently is that he doesn't spend enough time on the tune (unless you know him well).

I'm not inferring that this is what Martin does but in general it's not good enough to do a run on the dyno then go back and tune only the ghost part of the map, you need to tune the whole map (fuel & timing) because on the street the load and temperatures vary which will always put you into a different part of the maps.

Have a look at the ramp rate that Shaun at Boostworks ran on Sat (150), figures may not look as high as some people would've liked but at least his ramp rate equates to real life on the street moreso than a rate of 200.

Just because your car doesn't detonate on the dyno does not mean it won't on the street.

David... nice numbers there for sure.... I would suggest if you want another tune to see John Keen at Southern Hi-Tech dyno. He does good work.

Enjoy your newfound power mate!

Good advice from sled and the boys above too.... the last thing you want after the long wait is a grenade resulting in another one!!!

Edited by HOSTILE

Another thing I liked about Shaun at Boostworks was that he monitored temperature, timing (detonation) and fuel supply very closely on every run.

Proof of that was that with some cars he immediately back off when it leaned out or started to detonate.

I've stood next to my car with one tuner just north east of town who revved the crap out of my car then said, gee I got abit of pinging there :) WELL WHY DID YOU CONTINUE TO REV IT THEN!!! and sometimes 2 or 3 times after he realized that it was either detonating or running out of fuel.