SAU Community

r32 gts-t & loss of power @ 5000+rpm

Hey Guys,

I just bough a 92 r32 gts-t, its stock as a rock. The car drives well, boost kicks in at 3000rpm and is full of power till 5000rpm where you feel like a lack of power from there till redline.

I was wondering has anyone had the same problems, if so what should i be looking at.

Thanks for your help

a BOV?

how would that make it any better?

they come with one from the factory.

Anyhow... the turbo on the RB20/s... red/silver tops runs out of puff around that mark.

If your car is stock as you say, then get your exhaust done, that's a good start.

That'll give you more all round, and the boost will naturally rise a 1-2 psi with that also

it gave me a little better bottom end too on my old coupe when i had it done.

you'd be surprised at the difference and the responsiveness.

If that's not enough do what others do and put the RB25 turbo on your car. and give it a bit more boost to boot...

it'll pull all the way to redline then!

I had the same problem and it turned out to be that the knock sensors were disconnected. at around 5300-5500rpm there was a noticable drop in power, drove me insane. Search the froums on how to do a diagnostics with the ecu and that will tell you. Good luck. Also now with the knock sensors connected it made ok power to around 62-6500rpm.

Nah, im saying when I bought the car the owner had the std. bov fitted due to being defected. The car felt really restricted above 5k. I fitted the hks sequential that the owner gave me, reset the comp, the "viola", dont ask me why, it revved so smooth to 6500 -7000 rpm.

Im not saying this is a solution, or starting an argument, I'm saying this is what happened on MY car.

Guest RedLineGTR

some of the stock bov the piston gets stuck and sometimes releases boost when it shouldnt...comes with age..