SAU Community

Respray In Se Suburbs

cosmokram3r

Hey guys check the attachment what do you think of that guide.. Found it after a bit of google searching, anyone have any good guides on prepping for a paint job?

Been looking around to get Bayside Blue TV2 paint.. everytime i quote that they say is it Blue Metallic, is that the same as Bayside Blue? Im clueless when it comes to paint.. How many litres would i be looking at? Its 1:1 for clear isnt it.. So eg. 3 Litres of Paint, 3 Litres of Clear.. I think they said i need hardener or something also anyone know what else i'd need?

Thanks

index.pdf

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have u got air compressor with a spray gun u will need prime paint as well, and puddy paint which is good to do when u got small dint in the car fills it up evenly

EDIT: of course u will need to sand it back smoothly as well

Edited by BRUNSKIGTST

Do i need an aircompressor/spray gun? Im not painting the car im just prepping yet.. I've got nothing i really need to get everything from scratch and start doing it im sick of having the money and not having my car done yet! I got my body kit friday and after 3 hrs of angle grinding still couldnt fit the front bar on! even the side skirts didnt fit and DMD told me they'd pre-fit it and make sure its a perfect fit as well so ahhh so annoyed..

Different brands of paints are mixed differnetly, basecoat and clear are useally mixed on a 2:1 ratio (2 parts color or clear, 1 part hardner, 10% thinners)

Fibreglass bodykits never fit correctly we had a R33 GTS-T and it had a fake veilside kit, nothing lined up it took a whole day to get it on then to paitn prime, rub and paint took another day, it's best to get a pro to do it, i'll be doing my car whenever i get it but thats because i know what i'm doing. It's not hard to get it ready or paint it but you have to know what your doing and if you want your car perfect it wouldn't be the best car to practise on.

Looks like i'll be heading to Showtime custom Automotive in Clayton.. One of my mates is good mates with him, so he's giving me a discount to about 3K for the paint job from black to (and ive been specific on the paint i want) GTR R34 Bayside Blue.. Also gonna be de-badging the car, then welding where the bages have been taken off, takeing off the spoiler and welding those holes as well..

Getting extras done as well so ill be getting everything done for a good price such as stitching on my leather seats, re-trimming my stock gearknob/handbreak knob/steering wheel... fixing the few air bubbles in the uphosterey.. fitting the vertex kit.. gonna be a 2 week job.. car will look brand new when i get it =] better that they take longer then how long other shops have quoted me since they'll be most likely putting extra work into it.. especially since my mate is really good mates with him..

If i knew how i'd do it all myself.. but yehh just dont have the knowledge and i dont wanna go messing with it so might as well pay so that my car looks mint... looking forward to picking up my brand new car when its all done end of june/early july.. Will post pics :wub:

right.....i saw the purple paint on the bonnet were peeling off as well as some water marks around the car.......lol

are you serious lolz i had water marks on mien but it was only clear coat because he put like 3 to 4 layers but it came out with a buff, and cut and polish now my car all smooth and shiny as hell :)

besides the guy spouting crap... wouldn't water marks be etchings that are left behind 1) AFTER (not during) the car has been sprayed 2) after it's rained? how the fudge are you getting "water marks" otherwise in the spray process??

water marks/etchings are mineral deposits left behind once the rain dries, this then etches into the clearcoat. This is a maintenance matter for the OWNER. Obviously having a healthy sealant or wax will prevent this etching process, and if it does etch a bit, it's taking place in the sacrificial layer (sealant/wax) so there is nothing to worry about. And of course this can be rectified via paint correction as well (polishing)

what water marks are its like yea water driping down the car , so paint thats dripped down that looks like water dripped down, so hence water marks, anyone understood what i said lolz, hope that clears it up

vu if you read this thread i need your services. i need you to fix up my door and the shit job the last lot did with my fb and bonnet. no justcar telling me where to go so time to get the job done right

besides the guy spouting crap... wouldn't water marks be etchings that are left behind 1) AFTER (not during) the car has been sprayed 2) after it's rained? how the fudge are you getting "water marks" otherwise in the spray process??

water marks/etchings are mineral deposits left behind once the rain dries, this then etches into the clearcoat. This is a maintenance matter for the OWNER. Obviously having a healthy sealant or wax will prevent this etching process, and if it does etch a bit, it's taking place in the sacrificial layer (sealant/wax) so there is nothing to worry about. And of course this can be rectified via paint correction as well (polishing)

HEY! I never said it was DT. The comment wan't made by me!

So Shut it!