SAU Community

Nismo Short Shifter Kits

Ive been doing some searching on here about some short shifter kits

I really think nismo is the way to go

1. The kit says it reduced throw by 10%, is this even that noticeable, i used to drive a s15 and that had a much shorter throw than the 32

2. I also read on here that these kits wear out your syncros, is this true?? my gearbox feels a bit notchy going into 2nd, is this fixable

I have one. I noticed a difference but it is harder to shift. I am thinking about taking it out. If you know some one with one and ask if you can see have a look. There is no need to drive around the block. Have a feel and see if you like it before spending the money

Mark

Edited by markiyq2

short shift kits are a lot harder on syncros because the syncros are designed to synchronize the gear speeds with the time taken in moving the factory throw... by shortening the throw you make quicker gear changes and therefor syncros do not have sufficient time to synchronize gear speeds...

havnt worded that real well but i hope you get what im saying :D

I have the 25% nismo short shift in my 350z and i love it so much

i had the c's 30% in my 180sx and i also loved it.

Its really personal preference.

And for the record its how u drive the car will decide on how much damage the shift will do.

short shift kits are a lot harder on syncros because the syncros are designed to synchronize the gear speeds with the time taken in moving the factory throw... by shortening the throw you make quicker gear changes and therefor syncros do not have sufficient time to synchronize gear speeds...

havnt worded that real well but i hope you get what im saying :D

Nah. Sounds like a load of crap. :nyaanyaa: