SAU Community

R34 Gtt Sedan

uncouth32

Hi guys! Im new to skylines and I am currently looking at buying for a R34 GTT sedan. And I have view a few cars already and there are some questions which i need to asked before making the purchase. 1stly, I have seen one R34 with 3 analog meters sitting on top of the centre console and the other was a electronic screen which displays the meters and gps etc as claimed by the owner. However, he said that the screen has been unable to work till now despite him asking around with a few workshops. So is there anyone out there who has this electronic screen that displays the meters readings? Is there anyway i can fix the screen and if yes how much do you reckon it will cost?

2ndly, i was told that it is hard to get insurance for skylines and even if i could, it would be very costly. I am 27 now and has got insurance with HBF before and no claim bonus of 60%. So you guys think the chances would be alright for me to get my skyline insured?

Lastly, are there any common problems with the R34GTT sedans such as engine problems or interior etc?

I apologise for this lengthy topic and your time in reading and answering my queries will be very much appreciated.

hey mate, i've had my R34 gtt 4dr for a little over two years now. it has and still is an awesome car to drive.

i've had no mechanical problems with my car whatsoever. the only thing i found to be wrong with my car was the factory boost gauge in the center of the dash is electronic, it tends to drop in and out. apparently it's a common fault. so it was an easy fix and i bought a apexi mechanical boost guage.

in the way of insurance there should be no problems either.

go the 4 doors >_<

post-29100-1206073407_thumb.jpg

post-29100-1206073732_thumb.jpg

Have you guys got manuals or autos??

Interior is pretty good... Just don't scrape a vacuum cleaner pipe on the centre console, it leaves a nasty scratch, and the roof lining attracts a lot of gravel dust if you do much country driving... I know this as I live 380km east/south east of Perth, plus I also have the habit of driving everywhere with my window partially down, so yeah, keep that in mind... Some people spruce up their interior by re-painting the panels that are located near the shifter/radio player/aircon controls and centre gauges... It comes up real well too if it is done properly, I'll dig up the tutorial if I can find it, sry, it is midnight and I want to sleep! :thumbsup:

firstly good choice r34 sedans are cool..... i would suggest go for one with the 3 gauge centre console.... the centre screen console is useless here in oz its all in jap and im sure it doesnt show electronic readings like boost etc...... i think it for the cd payer/gps but i could be wrong...

as mentioned above my factory boost gauge also died seems like a common occurance replaced it with a mechanical apexi one...... no mechanical issues i can mention however dont go on kms as often wound back......check for worn stuff like steering wheel, seats, oil leaks etc.......also as mentioned the centre console finish is shit but can be painted and comes up nice.......

Edited by rgr34

Thanks for all the replies guys!! :thumbsup: im sure the electronic screen does have GPS and yea, i think that dude told me tat due to variation of Japan and aust hence the gps and stuff are not working. Im still deciding and trying to sell my car before i can make the next purchase. The interior is so far the nicest i have seen and the price to match my budget. :( Have seen another one for 24K so thats way off. Hope to be able to sell my car and get the GTT sedan soon. Probably will try to change the whole electronic screen to 3 defi instead. Thanks for the help and replies and i will keep you guys updated!

P.S ashoR34 thanks for posting the pics man!

Thanks for all the replies guys!! :cheers: im sure the electronic screen does have GPS and yea, i think that dude told me tat due to variation of Japan and aust hence the gps and stuff are not working. Im still deciding and trying to sell my car before i can make the next purchase. The interior is so far the nicest i have seen and the price to match my budget. :nyaanyaa: Have seen another one for 24K so thats way off. Hope to be able to sell my car and get the GTT sedan soon. Probably will try to change the whole electronic screen to 3 defi instead. Thanks for the help and replies and i will keep you guys updated!

P.S ashoR34 thanks for posting the pics man!

No probs, all the best in your search. If your after a good place to look at some R34 sedans, DC Imports in Wangara is where i got mine from. Bunch of top guys there too.

Asho

• 2 weeks later...

I went and Test drove a 4 door GTT and I was thougroughly dissapointed.

It was standard.

Suspension and steering quite vague. Interior was terrible, hard seats VERY cramped for a 4 door, poor seating position, flimsy controls. The doors felt flimsy even.

The car was a big let down. I actually think the R33 may have been slightly better!! No joke!

If your in the Market for a 4 door turbo - get a chaser - there light years ahead in all the bad points of the skyline and including power.

34 4 door are CHEAP for a reason - theres not that much car for the money.

The insurance part is rubbish. I'm 23 with an R34 GTT and Turbo N15 Pulsar insured for roughly the same amount each (a bit over a grand.) You should have no trouble with insurance at 27 provided you have a good record.

I've just got my R34 GTT sedan on the road, it's such a beautiful car to drive, so effortless. Lovely cruiser. Thumbs up from me :D

34 4 door are CHEAP for a reason - theres not that much car for the money.

You have to be kidding? There's a lot of car for the money.

Edited by llama_au

not really.

They arnt that crash hot.

I had a similar attitude a few years back.

Drive a couple of new cars like new Commdores, Aurions etc - make the skylines feel very average, almost crap if you ask me. And the power... welll :S