SAU Community

Firewall access and amp placement

Hey guys.. I know this may sound like a simple stupid question.. But, how do you get your power wire through the firewall on the 32? Sorry if it seems really stupid.. I have had a look, but, cant see a a way to get it trhought the firewall.. Also.. what would be the best location to put the amp? I was maybe thinking under the passenger seat, or maybe on the back of the back seat? Any ideas or suggestions?

Hey, Just installed an amp in my r32 gtst other day, ok.

OK this what 2 do, on the drivers side the wires going into like a foam rubbery thing, rip that out. now. You'll find a ruber gland.Now whip around inside of the car and, (first get a coat hangar) now Pull back some of the sound deadening stuff( behinde accelerator) , don't need to take it off. Just pull back untill u find it. Might be easier to find if u poke coat hanger through the other end first if u can find it.

U should be able to find the other end of the rubber gland. Once u find that poke the coathangar through (from inside to out / under hood). Move it around a bit, It's very thick. Now once through, rip under the hood and pull the coat hangar out a little more. Now u need some electrical tape / or some tape needs to be fairly strong. Now put the wire side by side to coat hangar (needs to overlap coat hanger and wire) Wrap electrical tape around the wire and coat hanger. Make sure the electrical tape goes up past the wire up the coat hangar and it's makes a smooth like shape sort of when the wire starts up beside coat hangar.

Now Once that's done yank the power wire through the firewall. Now I ran my amp on the back of the seat in my r32, replaced the stupid plastic panel crap thing that sits at inside end of boot with a wooden one, made some brackets of off the two holes that come of the metal near back seat and mounted the wood on theire. On that is my amp and Fire extinguisher.

Thanks dude.. sounds like a JOB! well, when i get time, i will take a look into it.. im guessing that maybe stuff for you gauges and stuff go through here aswell? anyways.. i will have a look, and see. How do you get the wire through to the back? That seat doesnt fold down does it?

yeah seat doesn't fold down. U pull the back seat out.

Just pull the bottom bit( sit on part) up real hard, find the clip on each side that hold it down, and Pull up hard like no 2morrow. than do other side. once u do that just simply unbot rest. and Pull the back seat out. I followed the original wirring loom, I ended up taking out drivers seat 2. to make it easyier 2 get @.