SAU Community

Is There A Difference Between The Rb25de Abd The Rb25det Exhaust?

I have a 1998 R34 RB25DE and was wondering if a exhaust made for a RB25DET would work on my car.....thanx lots...and if anyone knows of an exhaust for my car send me a link...thanx

One thing I know for sure is, even though its gona fit to your NA, you will loose the volumetric vacuum/scavenging efficiency. ift is a 3inch pipe then its too big, maximum you should go is 2.5" have a look at the following posts...

Post 1

Post 2

hope this helps.....

2.5" or 2.75" MAX i would upgrade for exhaust..

not 3" too big!

unless you have a fully high flowing powerful NA that pushes over 150rwkw hehe

even then it'd have to be a high revving motor.

the commodore/ford V8s only run 2.5"

3" is never too big....................

in the end get what you what to put on your car and not what everyone else tells you too.

cara you have a 3 inch on yours.. how loud is it exactly? do you feel like you loose way to much power?

but of course all that noise and no power gain... is it worth it...., no..

People here are giving advice on if a 3" is performance wise an upgrade, and the answer is no, many threads about it too...

but here if you just want a loud car ram a screwdriver through your muffler...

you're all forgetting that a power figure (although the standard) is just a mere maximal power figure.

100kw @ 4000rpm will be a better drive than 117kw @ 5000rpm. 17kw increase at 1000rpm later, i know i'd take the driveability over the peak power increase any day.

what about the other attributes, rpm? area under the curve? torque? etc. all the fact sheets for new cars provide a power figure in reference to which rpm it was measured at. 1000kw @ 20000rpm vs. 100kw @ 4000rpm plus the torque figure, you can do the maths.

if you look at all the drag racing guys - they don't care about power figures anymore. MPH at which they cross the traps is what they are interested in. there's so much discrepancy in dynos now days that they don't care if you have 200kw or 400kw.

and since i like to have the final word on things, i'd like for the rest of this thread to remain on topic. if you wish to continue this 3" kilowatt vs. response/torque debate, bring it up in one of the other threads. actually i'd rather no one did, because it'll be a repetition of what's been going back and forth already.

everyone has their preference. if you want a kilowatt number to go off and tell others go ahead, if you want response then that is also fine, if you want to back up those figures with some drag/track/circuit times even better. that way we can at least draw some relationships between power vs. track time.

cheers