SAU Community

S2 Coil Packs

dmonic1

hey guys i have just had 1 coil break down and as my car is under warranty i can get it replaced at no charge. they offered me to buy splitfires and they would only charge me for 5 and replace them with no labour charge. was just wondering if anybody had some really stuffed coils laying around that i could put on my car so that i could get the cost down a bit more. i figure i have a warranty so why not use it.once replaced i will then have a few good coils here at home for anybody to use or have if ever the need shall arrise.

cheers guys.

Series 2 stagea's use the same coils as a R34 GTT, there are a few sets for sale, approx $150

I would personally get the spitfires, approx $485 a set thru site sponsors, because once 1 of the factory ones starts breaking down, it will not be long before they all do.

I have a set of stuffed ones in Brisbane. Not sure which ones and how many are stuffed, but they were breaking down on only 6psi on the dyno so I replace them with spitfires.

Series 2 stagea's use the same coils as a R34 GTT, there are a few sets for sale, approx $150

I would personally get the spitfires, approx $485 a set thru site sponsors, because once 1 of the factory ones starts breaking down, it will not be long before they all do.

I have a set of stuffed ones in Brisbane. Not sure which ones and how many are stuffed, but they were breaking down on only 6psi on the dyno so I replace them with spitfires.

mm spitfires.

side note / off topic : Has anyone seen results for JJR's coilpacks.. apparantley they are splitfire replicas and 200 bucks cheaper

also replaced mine for splitfires. gona use electra clean to clean old ones and coat them with motor winding spray to stop any breakdown then try sell them. got all this stuff at work as im a sparky. gota love perks