SAU Community

Manual Conversion Getting Only 160 K's From Full Tank

hagi10

hey everyone i have just converted ma series 1 r33 from auto to manual after the conversion was done i have only got 160 k's out of a full tank i have alredi filled up 3 times and same thing happened the problem dosent seem to change is there any ideas wat the problem could be ????? also i have been driving properly havent pushed to car a lot... need help... ps. i had no problem in the engine when it was auto and i use to get 350ks average out of full tank.... cheers.....

check all your fuel lines for leaks, inside the engine bay and also under the car.

If you have access to consult/datascan you could check for error codes, the main codes to watch for are coolant temp sender, detonation sensor circuit and o2's.

also do u thnk it could be cuz of the ecu i still got an auto ecu in it will dat amke any difference there are no fuel leaks i am sure about dat ill get dat other stuff u checked cheers

mines a s1 auto and i cant even get to 300k's on a full tank. rpm normally reved till 2k only..

you've probably got an error code or a faulty/slow o2 sensor. you can test your o2 sensor using a multimeter or if you have access to consult/datascan then you can use your laptop.

i done a auto to manual conversion and getting 400 to 430ks a tank (55l) 11.5 to 12.5 l/100 depending on how much freeway driving. did you change the instrumentation panel to manual one ? are you running a safc2 or aftermarket computer? im still running auto ecu since changing a couple of years ago

Edited by Pal