SAU Community

Rb30/26 Into S15

den001

i am currently doing this conversion and am using a r32 cross member and planning to use vl engine mounts??

will this be suitable and will the stock bonnet close with the motor in???

also i will be running a rb25 box and i have bashed the tunnel out so it fits, does anybody know if the shifter will come out the standard hole???

thanks for help..

denis

your kidding? its fits with standard, mounts n shit? sounds a bit odd..... its a very tall motor in a very short car....

+1 My 33 surely has a taller engine bay and the RB30DET Just fits in i think the cam gear cover rubs the sound deadener

The workshop whi finished off my car, had an S13 in there getting some work done it had a 4L in it and required full custom engine mounts to sit the motor quite low in the car, would a S13 be simmilar size in the front?

we will see in 3 weeks if it fits... if not i was given another combo, r33 x member, rb20 engine brackets and rb30 engine mounts... if not i must use all this and space the x member 10mm lower for clearence for teh stock bonnett to close... s15 has a fairly decent sized engine bay... id say close to a skyline..

poeple hav fit 26's into them no worries, so we should be able to scrape 38mm somwhere

Edited by den001

When I did my conversion, the RB20 and Rb30 engine mounts/brackets looked identical..

thats what i was going to say there are some slight changes but general fit up the brackets are the same across the board, RB26 is preety much the same as 25 height wise that extra 38mm is more than you would expect

I guess its just a case of siting the motor in there and finding out for yourself but i reckon you will be doing custom brackets which is not rocket science for some one handy with a welder

just out of interest what do you use the car for?

well for refernce, and why i think it wont fit, my mate just had his put in his 34, had to customize mounts to fit, lowered it heaps and it just fits. dont like your chances in the s15

if it fits under the stock bonnet, I reckon the sump will be dragging along the road... or at least low enough to the ground to be of concern.

The workshop whi finished off my car, had an S13 in there getting some work done it had a 4L in it and required full custom engine mounts to sit the motor quite low in the car, would a S13 be simmilar size in the front?

Was that the VH41DE? If so its good to know that it can be squeezed under stock bonnet? Every one I've seen has had a hacked/custom bonnet

if it fits under the stock bonnet, I reckon the sump will be dragging along the road... or at least low enough to the ground to be of concern.

Was that the VH41DE? If so its good to know that it can be squeezed under stock bonnet? Every one I've seen has had a hacked/custom bonnet

sorry dude that was a typo i meant 3L (RB30DET)!

A mate of mine has fitted a 1UZ-FE 4L toyota V8 under a stock S13 180sx bonnet, without the crossmember being spaced down, was a hell of a lot of work to make the sump work

Always wanted to do a VH41DE 180sx(keep it in the family lol)... but mate has easy access to cheap 1UZ-FEs and if its possible... :)

just go the tomei 2.2 or the 2.4 stroker kit man.....

no chance in hell ur gonna fit a rb30 in a s15....mine JUST fits....and i feel like my bonnets gonna explode open any minute

Edited by R34NRG

its abit late now, the motor is prertty much built...

car will be used for drag and some street cruises, not a everyday car may see the road once a week...

im unsure of your comments as ive spoken to afew people that have done it and they say it does fit.... i guess there is only 1 way to find out... also the sump is custom so it wont drag on the ground...

sofar i have put solid steel spacer plates inbetween the cross member and bottom of the chassis which are 10mm thick, hopefully using the brackets ive been told to use will help, but if not it will have to go custom brackets, im not changing engines, sr20 are shit, thats why i threw it away.