SAU Community

Mechanic On Gillam Dr Kelmscott

Shaunc

Hi i just woundering if anyone uses the mechanic down on Gillan Drive Kelmscott accross the road from mitre 10. I drive past there every day and i have noticed some 180s,r33s and heaps of other imports there. Anyone no who he is or if he is any good at what he does. Any info would be great.

OK, just had my neighbour tell me who this is (but of course I promptly forgot his name :) ) but apparently he runs some pretty insane mazda rotaries at the drags and is just starting out. Going by the guys own cars I would say he may be worth trying out, and unlike a lot of so called Perth based "performance" mechanics he will work on all sorts of stuff from NA 4cyl all the way up to S/C BB V8's and everything in between.

hmmmm sounds good :P so who's willing to be a test mule and go try ?

The place u are talking about is Lee Sanders. he used to work for rotamotion but now has his own workshop in Kelmscott. Top bloke to deal with, knows his shit and does top quality work.

the company is called Sanders Racing.

cheers

john

The place u are talking about is Lee Sanders. he used to work for rotamotion but now has his own workshop in Kelmscott. Top bloke to deal with, knows his shit and does top quality work.

the company is called Sanders Racing.

cheers

john

he worked for cypher then moved to ovaboost and now is doing his own thing. dont think hes worked for rotamotion?

but your right lee is a top bloke to deal with and his fabrication is a work of art

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a really good price......

Does that include the timing belt being replaced as well as the idler and tensioner pulleys?!?

Cause they can add about 300 bucks to the bill if they need to be replaced....and then there is the water pump...

I have been quoted around $1000 if you want everything to be done...

On that note, does anyone recommend a good workshop to go a full 100 k service on a '92 R32 GTS-T??

Edited by Douse

ok here are some details

Name: Sanders Racing

Where: Unit 2/55 Gillam Drive Kelmscott

Does: Rotary work, fabrication, custom turbo installations to any vehicle and general mechanical repairs.

Phone #: 04 03 50 57 88

Lee has a 700 plus horsepower RX3 that runs 9.20 @ 148mph and is very well known in the drag racing scene

And yes he did work for Cypher and then he did move to ovaboost. .

Does awesome work

Well my R33 goes in tomorrow to get it's service. I been quoted $220 it seems resonable. And by the way the bloke I spoke to was very nice and helpfull. Hope his work is good.

Sweet man, let us know how it goes.

I am trying to find a good mechanic to do my 100k service.....

Kinda don't trust my car to anyone :blush:

Well my R33 goes in tomorrow to get it's service. I been quoted $220 it seems resonable. And by the way the bloke I spoke to was very nice and helpfull. Hope his work is good.

Dropping the 33 off monday morning for 100,000k service and to suss out driveline problem,will let you guys know how it goes.

Got quoted $450 for the lot if thats good.

how'd the service go mate?what he do for the $450? my 100,000k due aswell and i only

live round the corner from there :) so it'd be sweet

looks like there is a lot more guys on here from the gossy-kelmscott-armadale area then i thought....

going to visit him 2morrow to see how he feels about putting a new cv on my gheyundai....