SAU Community

Greddy Intake Problems

hey everyone jsut started working on my r33 gts25t by putting on a greddy intake. how do you fix the throttle cable so it will reach nicely mine seems to be short. post up the fix if you would. im inthe US so parts are not that easy to come buy

thanks craig

one more thing what did you do with the wires for idle sensor and that other one purple and brown plugs did you extend the wires so they would reach and thanks again my throttle works now the cable though is about 8 inches longer i had to loop it around down by the fuel filter and also had to modify the bracket like bend it alittle

I used a throttle cable from a Nissan Pintara....I just went to the motor wreckers with the R33 one and had a look at different Nissan cars...I matched up the accel pedal end...The end on the throttle body is clamped with a nut and bolt...The bolt has a hole drilled though it just under the head and goes through the pulley on the TB..the nut is tightened down onto the cable...

One thing with the throttle cable is make sure that the inner cable and out cable at the throttle body are on the same axis..ie make sure that the inner cable pulls out squarely. If is doesn't you will make your pedal heavy and wear out the cable quickly...Too me this seems obvious but I have seen many custom throttle linkages that are failures waiting to happen...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Unplug ECU. Unplug TPS. Unplug boost pressure sensor. Now, all the wires, placing your ground (black) multimeter lead at the ECU end, measure resistance of the 5V line at the boost sensor plug. Then do the same to the TPS plug. Then do the same for all the other wires that relate to the TPS, or boost sensor.   All of your measurements should be very very low. You're looking to see if wiring is out of wack here.   Secondly, from memory on the R33 (not a neo motor, so I'm assuming an r34) the ground wire for the TPS and boost sensor are NOT equal to ground of the car/battery. IE, DO NOT connect ground of the sensor to the engine/body of car. You'll get a ground loop, and/or potentially screw shit up. In electronics, ground for a circuit, is not necessarily equal to ground of another circuit.   So this leads me to ask, when measuring your 5V, how are you getting 1.5V? Where are your multimeter leads touching for both the red and black lead on the multimeter?   If you're measuring power on the sensor wire, and putting ground on the car chassis or negative battery terminal, that could be all of your issues in "getting 1.5v". Electronics engineers can do some funky stuff with circuits, and when both sensors are on, it's enough laid to alter how the ECU is functioning.
    • Nissan Oz are too busy trying to decide whether we need a Qashqai or Xtrail (whatever the difference is), really not a new issue. At least we can import cars they decided not to directly, at much better value. BTW can I confirm ADM Q50 all have no spare tyre (just goop)? Is that the same in JDM skyline? I'm going to need to sort something, I can't do billions of highway klm without a spare
    • Post up the manual extract and the wiring diagram (seeing as we've got no idea what type of car we're talking about here) to help with decision making. (Also, I'm nowhere near home and my wiring diagrams and manuals). I wouldn't suggest you do what you mentioned above on such a vague description, for a start! Depends on whether the power is from the ECU or the ground is at the ECU.
    • Hi all quick update, so i checked the wiring circuit on TPS / Boost sensor, everything checks out fine. So at this point im really leaning towards 2nd fried boost sensor due to bad ecu maybe? Is there a way or value to check for when ohm testing the boost sensor? Also is there a way to bypass the boost sensor? Thankyou
    • Many thanks for your responses, guys.