SAU Community

Servicing/mechanics Recommendations Sydney

Hi all,

just to introduce myself I'm a newbie in the forum and own a silver 04 cpv35 6MT in Sydney. Is good to see there's a aussie forum for v35 so we don't need to go through the whole internet to find info.

Just want to ask any guys in sydney have a good nissan dealer or mechanics to recommend because I want to have my car checked out.

Any advice are welcome. Thanks

Hi all,

just to introduce myself I'm a newbie in the forum and own a silver 04 cpv35 6MT in Sydney. Is good to see there's a aussie forum for v35 so we don't need to go through the whole internet to find info.

Just want to ask any guys in sydney have a good nissan dealer or mechanics to recommend because I want to have my car checked out.

Any advice are welcome. Thanks

I've been to IS Racing in Rockdale for 2 services, my advice is not go there... its a bunch of young guys think that u know nothing, they will rip u off... they wanted to change everything! even my diff fluide after 5000km! I am now starting to do the basic maintance myself... very interested to any recommendations too

I've been to IS Racing in Rockdale for 2 services, my advice is not go there... its a bunch of young guys think that u know nothing, they will rip u off... they wanted to change everything! even my diff fluide after 5000km! I am now starting to do the basic maintance myself... very interested to any recommendations too

Hey mate,

Been to IS myself and I find them fine.

When I was there I found that both Darren and Indy where more than happy to go through everything they are doing and spend time discussing options.

I pretty much had them change all my fluids (because I requested it) and they went through everything and gave me options of fluid for each.

After doing the brake fluid they even asked if I didn't mind them not cleaning the brake callipers (dirty from me, not them) as i told them I was going on the track.

Other than offering to change fluids that you didn't want to, was there anything bad about the work they did? I'm thinking of going there again for some other work that's a bit more involved than fluid changes.

Oh, and the best part of going there was they worked on the car at the agreed time, and did not leave it half way to muck around with other cars. Something I find rare in a lot of workshops.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey mate,

Been to IS myself and I find them fine.

When I was there I found that both Darren and Indy where more than happy to go through everything they are doing and spend time discussing options.

I pretty much had them change all my fluids (because I requested it) and they went through everything and gave me options of fluid for each.

After doing the brake fluid they even asked if I didn't mind them not cleaning the brake callipers (dirty from me, not them) as i told them I was going on the track.

Other than offering to change fluids that you didn't want to, was there anything bad about the work they did? I'm thinking of going there again for some other work that's a bit more involved than fluid changes.

Oh, and the best part of going there was they worked on the car at the agreed time, and did not leave it half way to muck around with other cars. Something I find rare in a lot of workshops.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey Bobby, Indy is fine when i first bought the car I was there, he advised me on everything. but the 2nd time when he's not around his "apprentices" asked me to change every type of oil/fluide there is... and i even told them i just changed all the fluids 5000 kms ago. May be his apprentices are on a commission based pay or something, but it felt like they r trying to squeeze every penny out of me for a simple 5000 interval maintainance..

cool fair enough,

I've only been there once and Indy was there. Personally i was pretty impressed with how much time he spends with his customers.

We even had a 30min chat about Rays wheels (his custom ce28's for his R34) and about a 40min chat on track driving :-)

hey,

I would suggest just sticking to Nissan. I recommend Nissan in Randwick as one of the service guys moved over from Nissan Japan after working there for ten years. I had a slight problem with my Cima and he knew what the problem was straight away as it was a common issue with them there. You guys have it a lot easier though sharing the same engine as the Z and all.. but I guess it's still a massive advantage to have..

Personally I wouldn't trust a Nissan mechanic as far as I could throw him.

Firstly their primary role is servicing pulsars. Secondly the amount of attitude and crap you get from them cause you have a "grey import" is beyond ridiculous.

You would think that some clown at Nissan would get their sh!t together and wake up to the amount of $$'s they could make servicing the "evil" imports.

Nissan Australia has done absolutely nothing to earn my business and for the Skyline in general.

Your probably right.. Randwick Nissan was the first Nissan dealership I went to.. I think the word is out that they have a Jap mechanic as there were 3 or 4 skylines parked outside.. I was very impressed with the service guys too they fixed the problem with my car and cleared the codes and didnt charge me a cent. I didn't cop any crap about it being an import and the guys there seemed to take pride in that their company make awesome cars

I have dealt with IS in the past and they are OK but GEXer is right they do tend to milk you for your $$

A trained monkey can service a late model Nissan as they say a good mechanic is a good mechanic no matter what the car is, this link V35 Service is my mates workshop showing what he does and charges to the dollar including the cabin filter as per Nissan recommendations.

I know of a couple of the so call "Expert Import Workshops" who have serviced peoples V35's and didn't even know their was a cabin filter in them.

Why? IS has a good reputation, unlike your average Nissan stealership.

And its unsurprising that an official Nissan shop wouldn't deal with imports. I'm surprised someone got their Cima worked on, but as a general rule its too much risk for a Nissan shop (who doesn't have their beloved manuals), especially since it tends to offend Nissan HQ.

I'll give IS a go see how my luck is.

Well IS Motor sports isn't bad, I mean they'll do the jobs properly. its just that u have to know what you want at the workshop, and tell them exactly what you want, don't get them pushed u into fixing unecessary things...

BTW, does anyone know a good tuner for our cars in Sydney?

Well IS Motor sports isn't bad, I mean they'll do the jobs properly. its just that u have to know what you want at the workshop, and tell them exactly what you want, don't get them pushed u into fixing unecessary things...

BTW, does anyone know a good tuner for our cars in Sydney?

What exactly did you want to get tuned?

There's not much you can play with in stock form. If you're fitting aftermarket controllers, then do a search in the state your in on who's the supplier and look for feedback on them.

What exactly did you want to get tuned?

There's not much you can play with in stock form. If you're fitting aftermarket controllers, then do a search in the state your in on who's the supplier and look for feedback on them.

There's a bit of backfire on start and idel, I'm not sure if its something I need to be concerned about. I have an aftermarket intake and exhaust...

How long have you had them installed for? I haven't heard of anyone having that issue.

If they're new, maybe take your car to someone with an OBDII scanner to reset the ECU settings? The in-cabin sequence for doing it is involved and a pain-in-the-arse. This is the sequence for a Z33; it should be the same for V35s.