SAU Community

Quick Question

Oddy man

im not following mate

top of tire camber correction is the same as using a camber arm

ill post up a picture of the wheel and tire before i did any adjustments on the suspension when i get home, i cant access it at work

it sticks out almost 2 inches from the fender.

only way i could htink of doing it without alot of camber on my particular car, woudl be to get the rear axles shortened, grab some ikeya formula rear LCAs, and adjust them in, along with the Upper camber arm, which would bring hte hub in further, allowing me to run lower offsets without as much camber.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not following mate

top of tire camber correction is the same as using a camber arm

ill post up a picture of the wheel and tire before i did any adjustments on the suspension when i get home, i cant access it at work

it sticks out almost 2 inches from the fender.

only way i could htink of doing it without alot of camber on my particular car, woudl be to get the rear axles shortened, grab some ikeya formula rear LCAs, and adjust them in, along with the Upper camber arm, which would bring hte hub in further, allowing me to run lower offsets without as much camber.

For shorter drive shafts have a look through the Nissan range, lots of them are splines interchangeable. Stuff like LHS Cefiro into RHS S13 to faciliate wider wheels, an R32GTST cradle into R32GTR etc etc. A bit of homework and I doubt that you would ever have to get a drive shortened.

Cheers

Gary

lol

hoenstly

if i was in australia, id ask for an internship

i mean, he knows alot of stuff, when he has the equipment to make stuff

i dont, so i have to make ghetto shit work

true most liekly

BUT, the reduced camber would defeat the purpose of the camber

VIP.....

OK now I am confused, the VIP look I am familiar with is low and wide with dish. The camber is not the look itself, it is an unwanted (undesirable) consequence of trying to achieve the look. Which, with a bit of engineering, you can remove.

Cheers

Gary

lol

dude, i have s13 traction rods

r33 tie rods

s14 suspension parts

jic from tophats

stock rears

ksport coilovers (complete ass)

gtr tranny

s14 subframe

and a homemade exhaust

not to mention my intercooler mounting.

my shits ghetto

OK now I am confused, the VIP look I am familiar with is low and wide with dish. The camber is not the look itself, it is an unwanted (undesirable) consequence of trying to achieve the look. Which, with a bit of engineering, you can remove.

Cheers

Gary

there are three fundamentals (well that the owners of garson, junction produce, and mode parfume told me at toyo auto salon)

Low

Fitment

Camber

without those three items, your not truely within the VIp style "parameters i guess"

VIp is a popularity contest on who can spend the most, be the most aggressive, or for somet he cleanest

I chose the old school huge wheels and camber route

i mena, i could have kept some 10j -5 or so wheels and had maybe -5 or 6 * of camber BUT i chose to do stuff out of hte norm for most gaijin, and go old school.

Regardless it is a style, which is next to drifting in japan, and quickly becoming the largest up and comming "fad" in the US.

i kind of like the fact it takes alot of money and dedication to do hte more extreme stuff in VIP, it weeds out the poseres

regardless

Lets stop the bickering, i dont mind you, your a smart guy. Im 22, i am hard headed. Just the way it is

hey grant if think theres still hope for you yet!! you will find we are definitly not into US fads, we do'not cut & shut, we are into function and practability, everyone to there own but down here mate were into go not so much show(sure we want to look good but more importantly we want to drive good), we are lucky on this site to be able to access great advice from experienced people, mate you say your only 22 and hardheaded, sure thats ok but you have to know( as you guys say) when to hold em' & when to fold em'

cheers leigh.

Wow, this is all really excellent stuff, but I'm afraid I am now completely lost.

I have free r33 gtst struts (I assume these are in their entirety: springs/asshats/whatever)

Can I put them on the Stagea, and will they keep me on the road?!

Wow, this is all really excellent stuff, but I'm afraid I am now completely lost.

I have free r33 gtst struts (I assume these are in their entirety: springs/asshats/whatever)

If you can get the rear Stag hats on the rear R33 shocks.

No. The only thing that is any use to you are the rear shocks and the front strut tops, everything else is wrong.

Cheers

Gary

No. The only thing that is any use to you are the rear shocks and the front strut tops, everything else is wrong.

Cheers

Gary

explain why it is wrong for him so he knows why

i mean, im not arguing anymore

i have r33 on mine, i know i can make it work

BUT he should explain in one post, why it wont work for the guy so he knows why

I'm not normally one to rock the boat, but I agree with Grant that a 1 post explanation could be helpful: I'm getting a little lost on this as well: too many side issues and tangents!

That said, Grant, you should take a leaf out of your own book: when he asked if they'd fit, you merely said yes, with absolutely no mention of what parts needed to be swapped and changed between standard suspension and the shocks he has coming. If he had just taken that advice at face value and pulled his car apart, there would have been an extremely rude shock for him to discover that he then had to modify the new suspension (albeit with parts he would have sitting there from the std stuff) before he could put it all back together. It wasn't until SK and yourself started discussions that it became clear that it isn't a straight "whip out the old ones and slot in the new ones" process.

Just my 2 cents' worth...

No offence tintended to any involved: this is merely an observation from someone who is pretty mechanically inept.

BUT he should explain in one post, why it wont work for the guy so he knows why

That would be achievable, if somebody didn't nit-pick apart things and blow this thread out into 100 posts. :D

It was explained earlier.