SAU Community

Mgec All Wheel Drive Turbo Challenge

mad34

Hi all,

This year the Mitsubishi GSR/EVO club will be conducting a motor-sport challenge with a difference.

This event is open to all wheel drive turbo charged vehicles including Lancer Evolutions and GSR’s, Vr4’s, Subaru WRX’s and STi’s, Nissan GTR’s and other AWD turbo cars.

The event will be held over 5 rounds…….

May 25th – Hillclimb at Collingrove

July 13th – Hillclimb at Collingrove

Aug 3rd – Hillclimb at Collingrove

Sept 7th – TIME ATTACK at Mallala

Nov 7th – 9th – Hillclimb at Mt Gambier.

Points will be awarded on finishing positions at these events ( 1st 10 points, 2nd 9 points, 3rd 8 points etc).

There will be two classes of cars:

1. Open Modified (11 and Over Modification Points)

2. Club Cars (10 and under Modification Points)

Trophies will be awarded in both classes.

This will be a good chance to have bragging rights as to What really is the better marque EVO's or GTR's,

so it will be good to see Nissan fully represented.

I know there are a lot of very well prepped GTRs out there so this is your chance to see what your car can really do and

to see how your driving really stacks up against whats out there is Adelaide.

Please find the entry fom attached.

Regards Chris

****Side Note: The Time Attack will be open to all cars not restricted to 4wd etc

More info and chat on MGEC forums can be found here

http://gsr-evo-club.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=77

If you are having trouble downloading form it can also be found here

http://gsr-evo-club.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...5e36a75b3c91e9c

AWD_TURBO_entry.doc

Edited by mad34

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good how much to do the whole lot

EDIT

if people have trouble downloading the .doc file because windows renames it to index.php just rename it to AWD_TURBO_entry.doc and it will work fine

the entry in to the competition is free.

entry in to the events will be anywhere from $80 for hill climbs etc to $150ish for trackdays etc i would say.

It will be awesome to be competing against some worthy cars (GTR's) not just Subi's so please send your entries in, come join the party!

for anyone that qualifies for open class which i am sure many of you will dont be scared i am in open class with a road car not race only so it should be intereting.

Edited by mad34

This might sound really stuiped, but If we have RWD car are we allowed to attend even for untimed or unplaced results.

Only reason I ask is cause I LOVE collingrove, and any chance I can get to go up it, Ill take.

This might sound really stuiped, but If we have RWD car are we allowed to attend even for untimed or unplaced results.

Only reason I ask is cause I LOVE collingrove, and any chance I can get to go up it, Ill take.

Yes by all means. The events can be entered in to by anyone regulations of the event permitting and you will still be timed too. Getting timed is awesome gives you something to beat. Nothing better than bettering yourself, well maybe beating others who are taking it very serious is awesome also.

you just wont be eligible for points for a trophy.

Edited by mad34

The beast is back and ready to rumble - I'll be there!!! Count me in :3some:

Awesome, Just make sure you send the forms in asap.

hillclimbs require a cams licence usually, track days you can always get a day licence not too sure about hill climbs though.

A Cams licence is piss easy to get. You just have to be a member of a cams authorised club and fill in forms send to cams and pay $88 and you have it for a year. Thats it.

For you guys you could join the Nissan Datsun Car club etc. Or you are always welcome to join MGEC we already have a race only fully prepped Kermit Green GTR in the club. These clubs charge a small fee though. i think there are free clubs that you can join if you look hard enough.

one thing i dont get is the class which is harder open or club

In a nutshell

Open is for fairly modified cars up to open race cars and will be slightly harder.

the club class is for mostly standard to mildly tuned cars and will be easier.

i just classify for open with 12 points. I dotn mind eitherway i am just happy i have something to compete in.