SAU Community

Possible Joint/forum Group Buy On Coby Extractors

from a few posts over the last week ive been thinking of setting up a possible group buy acrtoss our two forums. Ive got five people in the UK who want sets of coby's d12 headers. there apears to be another 5 on here.

ive already got prelimianry costings for the uk guys ..its gonna end up @£200 each for us...(roughly $450??) obviously itll be a difeenrt delivery price for you guys?.

the folowing people have expressed and interest if i can get some thing off the ground:

shane666

n dawg

dicer

skyKC

OoskylineoO

vashR31

so my question is simple...if people are interested can you add what type of headers you want, ie treated un treated and 2.25 or 2.5 outlet. I'm planing on colecting/organising payment for these in the first two weeks of june...so sooner we get details finalised the more likely its gonna be to happen.

thanks all.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worp3d, if you read to the end of that group buy post youll see that A) its finished and closed and B) ive already posted up on the end of it.

my reasoning for putting the post in this section is simple: as no one had replied to the post on the end of the group buy i judged by putting the post in here interested parties were more likely to see it and respond.

the pice ive quoted up there is for delivery all in to britain guys ..any bought by yourselves as part of this group buy would i expect be aproximatley the same price as the group buy eug has done in the past.

on that basis then if people are interested ill email partsco again with a potential ten people, and get some more definitive prices, for both you guys over there and us. obviously it has to be competatively priced, thats the whole point!

just out of interest what kinda prices have you received from them? i will send an email through to see if i can knock a few bucks off for you provided a definite list is drawn up. i don't want to be promising them 10 people and only having 2 of you pull through with the money.

hi Eug, well like i say we have five people interested in the UK. and im leaving this open for any more till beginning of june. the email they sent reckoned around 275AUD ea..(from memory not sure exactly would have to check back home as im overseas at the mo)

once id converted it etc and looked a predicted postage costs it came out at around 200GBP delivered for us.

the thread can be found on Skylineowners.com, i would post a link but people tell me they only bring up info if ya register on our site. (funkey monkey is already and a few of our guys already post on here besides myself)

either way we will definatelty (in as deffinate as all group buys) have 5 people uk, its just down to how many of you guys want one as well....

If thats AU$275 including postage, ill be down for a set.

Could someone please explain the benifits and downside of the 2.25 and the 2.5.

and when you say treated, is that a ceramic coating or just some rust proofing?

thanks

Edited by Grunta

I saw your other thread of 250NZD which is quite close to what they offered when i inquired about them. Shouldn't be anymore than $300 delivered for the Aussie guys.

I'll send partsco an email to see if I can knock those last few bucks off.

cool Eug....grunta...if ya have a litte search round theres aload of info about these headers on here cos of the group buys eug has previously done.

so we have 5 uk and maybe 6 in australia now? this is just too good an opertunity not to miss ..lets hopewe can ge the price right..

right guys, parts co are just sorting out a delivery quote for us over here.

once i have the numbers im going to ask my guys to forward cash to me.

heres a link tothe thread ,(hope it works)

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthr...4242&page=2

what we need someone @ the southern end of this to coordinate inthe place of eug as he is busy.

let me know and then i can forward all partsco emails etc, so delivery for you guys can then be organised a litte more "locally"

• 2 weeks later...

hey Hesh,

it would be good if someone on SAU can organise this.

i know eug is out...

but the interest will die out if nothing happens soon.

Im busy with f/.t time work and uni otherwise id volunteer.

hi guys ..sorry for the delay in replys...ive been waiting for partsco to get back to me with definative delivery prices..plus im deployed in iraq at the mo so been a tad busy ....im due back in uk beginning of june and can then give this the time it desearves to follow up and chase things.

just been forwarded an email arrived onthe 1st but wife didnt send to me ..(doh)

Hi Simon

Ok, I have got some answers back from the freight forwarder my cousin works

for.

Based on 5 sets of headers you will be looking at around $600 to have them

sent to Manchester Airport, being a freight forwarder they can only base

their costs on what it takes to get them to an airport (ie Manc) - any

further costs at your end such as VAT, clearance or any other customs duties

we will not know and you will be liable for these.

After sending a single set of D12's to Oz it was expensive but as these

charges are a total and not a 'per item' cost I think we may just find it

will work out cheaper than NZ post when sending bulk deliveries such as your

potential order.

If you have a confirmed number of buyers let me know exact numbers - please

note I have cc'd a fellow UK based D12 potential buyer (Brendan Stuart) who

may wish to get in on your bulk order to help bring the freight cost down

further - I will leave it up to you guys to talk to each other on this.

So I will wait to hear back from you and we will go from there.

Regards

Craig Saunders

Director

Partsco.com Ltd

please note thats delivery to us ..so i will now pass this to the uk members and get a definative......ill ask aslo in my reply tothis for a delivered price to australia...although if the "southern" part of this is to go ahead we need someone down there to coordinate ..as if there are any probs in delvery im not ideally placed to say the least..

essentially eug has already emailed partsco to mention the previous group buys and such so pricves should be equal to what previous ones cost .)

if those that are interested could please put forum name and type of cobby extractors in a list below thats would be great..

eg hesh 2.5inch outlet untreated......

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Edited by Hesh

if people are interested in a set of these, then please add name and type of extractors to the list above, that way ive got info to go back to partsco with.