SAU Community

Hi All

IRISH R

Hi folks,i registered a few days ago on to your fine website as i`m looking to get myself an R33 GTR Skyline in the near future.

Just have a quick question on the colour of this car1169917873053204960S600x600Q85.jpg

I fell for it first time i saw it,it`s Rocket Ronnies R33 GTR from the Uk which i watched on Ten Of The Best a few years back and the beauty has been haunting me since :D .

We`ve got a few Skylines back in Ireland but not near as much as in Australia,tax and fuel is just too high at home!

BTW the newly imported R35 is selling back home at 140,000 Euros!only 3 so far,can`t see much demand and god knows if insurance companies would take you on!

Plus we only have 95 ron available at the pumps to add to misery :) .

haha cheers mate :(

Hey I am going to Ireland next year, any area you would recommend for checking out to see the car scene?? any tracks or drag strips etc??

Good to hear your heading over,what part and for how long?

The drift scene is massive in Ireland for the last few years and we got some pretty competitve guys on the Irish/Uk even USA leader board!

But no there isn`t much tracks around but the clubs do get the odd airstrip for a days drag racing.

The main and only real track in Ireland is Mondello park in Kildare (45 mins from Dublin)they host the British Touring car Championship,Porsche Cup and others but the Drift clubs hold some great events there too.

There is another in Tipperary mainly used by the Drift clubs.

Summertime (June-Sept) is pretty happenning on the car scene at home for those events.

Alot of competitors just catch the ferry to the UK were they have alot more events and better tracks and funding for them to race unfortunately.

Ireland is alot like some of your cities here with lots of people into the car moddifying scene with no where to go and are calling for purpose built tracks,dragstrips were they can gather and enjoy the scene without the hassles!

Oh and not a HOLDEN in sight,OPEL is what they call them in Eire,V8?no hope :cheers: .