SAU Community

R34 Gtr Front Coilovers

ones im lookin at gettin are adjustable ride height, pre load and 5 stage damper settings. will they be ok in my car? only do track days every now and then and i have nismo coil overs in back? wat think?

brett

Being 4wd, the GTR's have around 180 kgs more weight in the front, so the chances of the spring rate being too high for a 2WD are pretty much guaranted. Plus Cusco coil overs are well known for having higher than ideal spring rates even in the car they are designed for. So the chances of the spring rates being too high are now doubled.

The only way to be sure is to confirm the spring rates with the guys selling them. If he doesn't know, this thread tells you how to measure them and I can then work out the spring rates for you.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=79157

If the spring rates are too high then the shock rates will similarly be too high. In typical Cusco fashion, the adjustment on the shocks will most likely only do rebound (extension) and will have no effect on the bump (compression), so softening the shocks will achieve very little in improving the handling and/or ride comfort.

Cheers

Gary

also my car gets driven bugger all, would the only disadvantage of having springs that are too firm be the ride on the street? as in on the track they should be good firm?

brett

spring rates for the front on the cuscos is 12k. way too firm for a 33 gtst or will they be ok?

thanks for the help!

brett

Too firm for the track, way too firm, that's almost double what R type tyres will tolerate. In fact it's more than we run on the race cars with full slicks.

Cheers

Gary