SAU Community

Broken Into R33

Hi guys. Last night my car and a few others in my building got broken into. Looks like they just pryed area round the handle off. Doesnt look to have scratched the door but the plastic is stuffed and im not sure on the lock. Has anybody ever seen this or know how to fix it? I guess i need to start hunting round wreckers and find a spare surround?

Some people are real bastards. They would have gotten less than .50c in change i had in there. Didnt take my gps or anything else of value. My guess is junkies. Got to love living in surfers paradise :down:

Yeah they did but im not going to say how on a public forum. Didnt think they would have gotten in that way but they did. Pm me if interested. There is something that would have stoped them but then again theifs will normally keep trying till they get in and do more damage.

Yeah they did but im not going to say how on a public forum. Didnt think they would have gotten in that way but they did. Pm me if interested. There is something that would have stoped them but then again theifs will normally keep trying till they get in and do more damage.

Car alarm??

Car alarm??

Its the first thing on my list but i still had a flashing red light on my dash from the kill switch so the same damage would have occured. only thing that would have saved was the change i had in my console. They didnt even take my $600 gps sitting on the front seat.

I HATE theives and people who damage other peoples cars. Its SO wrong.

Couple months ago someone tried to do the same thing to me, I came out in the morning to find the driver door handle a bit damaged and a dent around the lock, overall though I came off far better than you did by the looks of it. Thats terrible man. I hope you catch who did it and cut his goddam balls off. And then Kill him.

hey mate,

I had the EXACT thing happen to my 33 about 3 months ago now.

-go to the wreckers, and ask for the handle AS WELL as the locking mechanism.

-take the barrel of the new lock to a locksmith and get him to re-ground the barrel so it fits your key.

-then take it to a mechanic for the install.

At the moment it looks shit I know - but its a fairly simple process to get it all sorted out. your just lucky they didnt get ur GPS.

I lost my Tomtom Go 720, 2 week old 80gb ipod and my good pair of sunnies.

From what it looks like, they did a pretty clean job - so you got off reasonably easy mate - as silly as it sounds.

you'll be right :P