SAU Community

Turboing My N/a

skyhighR33

guys and gals after a hard think about it and hearing that it can be done and cheaper than convertion jobs, i have decided to do it. hopefull i find a decent turbo(suggestions) and other stuff that i need, if i cannot find the stuff i will get the car taken to lmg near port pirie/port wakefeild or maybe even to another decent shop in adelaide to get done(which was the original plan).

need suggestions on what injectors/turbo fuel pump and other stuff to use,

cheers... michael

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea who img is, dont they do insurance?, but the easiest way is to get a workshop, like boostworx to do it.

a lot less messing around.

btw, im really no help at all.

500 kw falcz.. fair effort but pretty sure if u just rock up n tell them to turbo ur car. they will slug u soo hard its not funny. find out exactly what ur geting for what you pay. go away track down heaps of better cheaper stuff and take that to to them. all car shops r the same.. see sum1 with no idea... price goes up :rofl: haha

yeah mate i am looking around i have emailed shaun at boostworx and a few others and am still awaiting a few replys might have to call them up, and regancy to confirm a few details(already rand once, and they said id have to go in there not up here we dont). and no cant just rock up to lmg as they are a pretty busy place. the falcons scary as ive been told, doing a 100 clicks and you put your foot on the acceli and she spins on the dry WOW!!! thats killa, hes now getting aa new toy to work with. p.s is anything of ebay worth getting or skip that and shop from a trusted dealer.

cheers... michael

have you read the naturally aspirated section a few pplz have done it without any problems, and how much do you think ill get for a 1994 r33 gts-4 i beleive its series 2. as some of these blokes (666DAN,unarmed skyline) have done it for under $1500 which to me sounds cheap and easy.

errr decent 2nd hand HKS turbo $1,500 = decent 2nd hand stocker $300 (but why bother)

decent exhaust manifold $500 - stocker $150 (but why bother)

blow-off valve $200

Walbro fuel pump $200

Injectors $750

JustJap/ISC Intercooler $300

labour $1,000 MINIMUM

cheapest piggyback ECU Apexi SAFCII $400 - preferred PowerFC $1,200

tune $400

sorry mate, can't see you getting out of it for $1,500

+1 to DE+T being more expensive than DET.

If you look around you will be able to find a RB25det for around $1400, then once you sell yours (the head would be sought after buy the RB30det brigade) you will be well on your way to getting the conversion done.

If i was you i'd do the mechanical work your self and send it to some one to do the wiring (just because the wiring will be the headache part) but the bolting up stuff will be simple.

I good condition stock RB25DET your looking at anything from $1.5K upwards....personally I dont see a point in doing a DE+T mate....if you are going to do a DE+T then i would say rebuild the f**ker lol....forgies and the lot...then you got some power to talk about

u dont kno wat ur gettin ur self into mate lol

if u go DE+T then u will have to drop the compression wen u start to boost it other wise KA--BOOMMMMM

listen to ppl like nite crawler, he kno's wat he is talking about

i work at an import shop i sorta kno wat im talkin bout

GO buy a stag motor and drop it in, u will be ble to keep awd and have turbo, and freely boost it once u got a fmic

but by all means if u wanna do it ur way go ahead and watch the bill climb.

yeah a lot less of a head fook if you just drop a turbo motor in!

i've seen a lot of people comming into workshops getting their car turboed and a month later end up in the workshop again! going by the list nightcrawler posted, that should be the minium to make the mechanical side run properly, and then there's the brakes, suspension, clutch etc etc to make the car cope! it'll end up costing you a bit that's for sure

Edited by nos man

^^^ yeah that list was just a minimum - even the prices on that list are light on. Every single time I have done anything to my car, and have budgeted a certain amount, rest assured every time is comes up to around double my original estimate.

And yes, you would also have to consider a brake upgrade to comply with Regency, and probably other countless things too.